Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pnichtern Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2010, 05:08 AM
    My 4 month old puppy is ripping up her wee wee pad. What do I do?
    She is a 4 month old Pomeranian. We live in an apartment on the top floor and can not take her out every time she has to eliminate. She is 90% trained on the pad.. she rarely has accidents anymore. Lately though she has started to rip up her wee wee pads. She is only home alone for about 3 hours maximum at a time. I am in college and two days a week I have long days and my mother-in-law comes over midday and spends a couple of hours with her. I take her out for a long walk/jog daily, weather permitting. My husband leaves for work at about 6:30 am. Lately when I get up at 7:00am her wee wee pad is ripped up. He feeds her and plays with her a little before I wake up, everyday. I don't know what to do.. It's the only thing that she chews on. I've tried taping it down and she gets it up.?
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2010, 06:46 AM

It might be time to start crating her of a night. Dogs sleep the best when they are in crates as it makes them feel safe and secure, mine know that once they are in the crate, they are in there to sleep.
    At 4 months she should be able to hold it all night now if you rush her outside first thing in the morning.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2010, 08:37 AM

You could try getting her the grass, or turf in a box. My puppies liked to chew on their wee pads too. Newspaper might be less tempting to chew on too.

She might be trying to train you to get up and play with her. Small dogs are excellent human-trainers. Crating her when you are sleeping will help to establish your leadership and set a boundary for her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wee Scottish Joke [ 4 Answers ]

On a bitterly cold winter's morning a husband and wife in Glasgow were listening to the radio during breakfast. They heard the announcer say, "We are going to have 8 to 10 inches of snow today. You must park your car on the even-numbered side of the street, so the Snowplows can get through". So...

I'm a wee bit lost [ 2 Answers ]

I've been dating my girlfriend for over 2 years. She is the first person I have ever loved. Truly loved and still love more than anything. I've dated a lot of people before but she's different. I actually want to be with her and can't imagine losing her. The past few months we've kind of grown...

A Traveling Puppy, Plus Wee-Wee Pads and Housebreaking [ 2 Answers ]

We live in an apartment building in a city in italy, and we're getting a 2 month old puppy. We want to potty train him to go outside, but there's a wrench that's going to be thrown into his being able to have the same place to train in the early months. We go down to our beach house for the...

How do you spell Wee Gee? [ 1 Answers ]

What´s the correct spelling of wee gee board?

Puppy Shredding Wee Wee Pad! [ 6 Answers ]

My 3month old yorkie thinks his wee wee pad is a toy, he shreds it to pieces... how do I get him to understand that this is his place to poop..

View more questions Search