Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DownUnder Posts: 492, Reputation: 24

Oct 24, 2010, 03:39 PM
    Banking info
    Ok guys

I need some help with this one. I am curious as to why a bank branch(bank is located in a grocery store) manager would yell down the aisle at this poor lady and tell her in front of everyone shopping in that aisle that her account was overdrawn and she had suspened her debit card. I found this very rude and unprofessional! That poor lady left her groceries in the cart and left crying. Does the bank employee have acess to all of your funds like that? I just found this a little strange. Any thoughts
    Just_Another_Lemming Posts: 437, Reputation: 211

Oct 24, 2010, 04:10 PM

I agree it sounds very rude and unprofessional. Bank employees do have access to your account info but that is usually when you provide them with the account information. They don't automatically know it unless they know you very well. Is it possible there was a previous incident between the lady and the manager? If there wasn't any interaction at all when you were in the store, maybe they were on the watch for her. It might be possible she overdraws her account on a regular basis and owes the bank money.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 24, 2010, 04:43 PM

Yes, any teller, or ast manager and the such can enter my name or numbers and see all of my accounts, links to my business accounts if my name is attached to them, they can see all of my CD's and more.

I was checking on something at my bank a few weeks ago, and told the agent behind the desk I needed to check on them, they knew me by name and just pulled up all of my data.

It is totally wrong to tell them, and my be against some bank privacy rules. I would report this to the main branch manager
    And of course I would also talk with my wallet, I would withdraw my money from that bank and let them know why
    DownUnder Posts: 492, Reputation: 24

Oct 25, 2010, 12:28 PM

I agree Fr_Chuck, I also can go to my bank and they know me by name. I also think it may have been against the privacy rules of that bank. If it was me that was talked to like that if front of everyone in the grocery store aisle I would have been at the main branch talking to the head person and taking my money elsewhere. I have never heard of anything like this before,much less seen it. I felt really bad for the women and I hope she does something about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Banking [ 5 Answers ]

In reconciling the checking account for colonail cleaners, Steve Papa found that a check for $34.50 had been recorded in the check register as $43.50. The bank returned an NSF check for $62.55. Interest income of $8.25 was earned and a service charge of $10.32 was assessed. What amount should be...

We have an employee that has patient info and billing info in our server - Violation? [ 1 Answers ]

We have a past employee that has patient files and billing info on our server. She worked part time for an outside doctor and his info is contained on our records. We have purged them and notified the docotr, but she intercepts emails. Do we have a violation that we should be concerned about?

Banking [ 1 Answers ]

What is difference between certified funds and a bank official check?

Banking [ 3 Answers ]

Hi My husband to be. Is having a problem with getting a bank account . And we have paid the collection agency that we needed to pay . But it takes 30 to 90 days to fix. But we need the money now . I was wondering if he could sign th check over to me and I deposit it in my account. While the bank...

View more questions Search