Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aylasmeme Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2010, 02:37 PM
    Is there a ghost in my home?
    My 3 1/2 year old grandaughter wakes up at night crying about a man named Bodie... says he is tall with long hair and a hat with corn on it and a black head. She talks about him often... usually saying that he is behind the light... sometimes we hear odd bumps and thumps at night (2:00a.m. or close to it) and my dog has been growling down the hall with her hackles up for no reason. She has been talking about bodie since we moved here in June and sometimes seems scared and sometimes just says he's nice. We usually don't make anything of her talk, thinking that we don't want to entertain her fascination with an imaginary friend(or ghost) but she persistantly says she sees him "behind the light" any thoughts as to if she is sensitive to a real spirit or just a really active imagination?
    leebeef Posts: 30, Reputation: 3

Oct 23, 2010, 07:28 PM
    Hi there
    It is a fact that children are sensitive to seeing and hearing spirit. Any spirit that is in a home is there for one pupose and that is to install fear in our minds. Most of their work is done while we sleep. Most time if you can recall your dreams they will be of fear or lust or anger if spirits are in the home.
    It is good that your daughter has alerted you to this fact that there are spirits in the home. Also your dog can see spirits ,most can. Watch your animal as he sits and see if he follows objects around the room with his eyes. These are always spirits.

Lee
    Ghostgone.com
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 24, 2010, 06:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by leebeef View Post
    Hi there
    It is a fact that children are sensitive to seeing and hearing spirit. Any spirit that is in a home is there for one pupose and that is to install fear in our minds.
    Can you provide any evidence to back up your claims? Is there any documented evidence that children can see spirits? Is there any proof
    That spirits have only one purpose; to instill fear?

If you believe in spirits that's fine, but please don't state something as a fact unless there is conclusive proof.
    leebeef Posts: 30, Reputation: 3

Oct 24, 2010, 08:47 AM

Aylasmeme
    I as a child seen spirits, your daughter is seeing spirits, many respondents to this site have seen spirits. You will always have people doubt your claims, yet unable in there finest hour to help you in any way

Lee
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2010, 08:54 AM
    Hi Lee,

No one is my family has ever seen any spirits. No one I know has ever seen spirits. Therefore we can only conclude that they do not exist.
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Oct 24, 2010, 09:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by aylasmeme View Post
    My 3 1/2 year old grandaughter wakes up at night crying about a man named Bodie...says he is tall with long hair and a hat with corn on it and a black head. She talks about him often...usually saying that he is behind the light....sometimes we hear odd bumps and thumps at night (2:00a.m. or close to it) and my dog has been growling down the hall with her hackles up for no reason. she has been talking about bodie since we moved here in June and sometimes seems scared and sometimes just says he's nice. We usually don't make anything of her talk, thinking that we don't want to entertain her fascination with an imaginary friend(or ghost) but she persistantly says she sees him "behind the light" any thoughts as to if she is sensitive to a real spirit or just a really active imagination?

I believe you...

I too have seen some of the unexplained as a child and as an adult. I did experience more as a child though. I think it's because I was more pure and as you know a child knows no evil.

I believe, not everyone else does.

To each his own...
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2010, 09:09 AM
    What is the definition of "pure" here?
    Welbeing Expert

Oct 24, 2010, 09:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    What is the definition of "pure" here?
    I believe that a child has more innocence than an adult. I believe that adults have more sin then children. I believe that a child's mind is not tainted like an adult.

For example, just the other day I took my 4 year old to the park and he saw a grasshopper in the field next to the swing sets. He was crouched down looking at it, when 3 other little children ran up to see what he was looking at. Just before you know it, all of them were crouched together. All 4 kids' faces were, I want to say inches away from each other. While I stood there watching I thought to myself, these kids are all in eachothers bubble space. Lol Also, these other children, who did not know my son, by the way, approached him, in a trustful way, and followed his lead.

See, that is what us abults think of.

So, you see, a child is more pure than an adult in the mind.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 24, 2010, 09:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    Comments on this post
    leebeef finds this helpful : Documented by who
    By anyone! I'm not saying that spirits or ghosts are not real. I am also sure the people who have said they have seen them truly believe they have. What I'm saying is that, until and unless someone can provide documented evidence that spirits truly exist then we are in the realm of belief and faith, not fact.

If you want to provide answers that say;" I beleive that children are more sensitive..." or "I beleive that what I've seen is ghosts.." or "I beleive that spirits can do...", then I can have no objection. But when you make a statement that; "It is a fact that children are sensitive..." then I have to ask where is your evidence other than "I as a child seen spirits..."
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2010, 10:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma1999 View Post
    I believe that a child has more innocence than an adult. I believe that adults have more sin then children. I believe that a childs mind is not tainted like an adult.

For example, just the other day I took my 4 year old to the park and he saw a grasshopper in the feild next to the swing sets. He was crouched down looking at it, when 3 other little children ran up to see what he was looking at. Just before you know it, all of them were crouched together. All 4 kids' faces were, I wanna say inches away from each other. While I stood there watching I thought to myself, these kids are all in eachothers bubble space. lol Also, these other children, who did not know my son, btw, approached him, in a trustful way, and followed his lead.

See, that is what us abults think of.

So, you see, a child is more pure than an adult in the mind.
    That's a cool story because I do the same things with my young kids and I'm part of it too. What you are calling "pure" here I call "never losing your sense of wonder" and adults as well as children can have it. Of course that has nothing to do with seeing imaginary spirits.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Oct 24, 2010, 10:07 AM
    Lee, I been waiting for your answers for months!

Here is one of the links to get you started in case you forgot.
    I am anxious!

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/parano...ty-440365.html
    Expert

Oct 24, 2010, 10:19 AM

I believe.

I have experienced it.

But those who give opinion and speculation as fact , to people who truly need help not bull$hit ,
    And especially when it is used to exploit money from them, need their world rocked.

My attorney advises me not to define what I mean by "need their world rocked"
    Welbeing Expert

Oct 24, 2010, 10:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    That's a cool story because I do the exact same things with my young kids and I'm part of it too. What you are calling "pure" here I call "never losing your sense of wonder" and adults as well as children can have it. Of course that has nothing to do with seeing imaginary spirits.

You have your beliefs and I have mine.

I would never push what I believe on anyone. Not saying you are, I am just clearly agreeing with the OP, because I believe the OP. I too have seen things. Now was I imagining it as a child? Maybe. Did I imagine it as an adult? No way. I saw what I saw.
    Expert

Oct 24, 2010, 11:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma1999 View Post
    You have your beliefs and I have mine.

I would never push what I believe on anyone. Not saying you are, I am just clearly agreeing with the OP, because I believe the OP. I too have seen things. Now was I imagining it as a child? Maybe. Did I imagine it as an adult? No way. I saw what I saw.
    I too know what I have experienced, and seen, and heard.

I cannot prove it to anyone nor care to try.
    If I am thought of as a liar, I don't care. I know what I am and could care less what others think about me.

It doesn't matter what something is called , be it ghost, spirit, demon, entity, or anything else.
    There are things that we cannot prove or explain that happen all day every day all over the world that need to be studied and at least gain some understanding in order to help people that really need it.

It is not right to tell someone their problem doesn't exsist because you have not seen it or experienced anything like this , and the general opinion is it is imagined or mistaken (which it may be).

But there are many ways people can be shown that can help them get answers or at least find out what it isn't.
    Look for causes other than paranormal causes first. Stay objective and keep an open mind.
    Explaining things like this,

Many things happen that cannot be explained.

Many more strange things happen that can be explained by logical, rational thought and investigation.

What appear to be shapes and figures can be reflected lights or dust in the air or any number of things.

The fields electric currant emit can affect how we feel and make you uneasy.
    Variation in the power supply to your house can cause appliances to do things they normally don't.

When we get scared we perceive things differently than we do when we are not scared.
    When you look for answers , start by eliminating "reasonable possibilities"
    And probable things, and work your way to "No reasonable source or cause.

This is the tip of the iceberg and simplistic but people with beliefs that are causing them problems , and making them afraid deserve help in some way other than being told what they experienced isn't real or was imagined or is a mental problem.

90% of what is first thought to be paranormal can be broken down and shown to be normal stuff.
    But during this process people can have their lives made a shambles and be terrified constantly.

These people need help. Not ridicule .

I have had people "explain" to me what I saw, and how it happens.
    You have no idea how insane it is to hear someone explain to me what I saw, when they weren't there and know nothing first hand.

I think I may have started a rant I should stop now.
    This is a sensitive subject for me.

I am not singling anyone out or wanting to cause problems or opening a debate.

I'm just sayin',.
    Welbeing Expert

Oct 24, 2010, 11:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by martinizing2 View Post
    I too know what I have experienced, and seen, and heard.

I cannot prove it to anyone nor care to try.
    If I am thought of as a liar, I don't care. I know what I am and could care less what others think about me.

It doesn't matter what something is called , be it ghost, spirit, demon, entity, or anything else.
    There are things that we cannot prove or explain that happen all day every day all over the world that need to be studied and at least gain some understanding in order to help people that really need it.

It is not right to tell someone their problem doesn't exsist because you have not seen it or experienced anything like this , and the general opinion is it is imagined or mistaken (which it may be).

But there are many ways people can be shown that can help them get answers or at least find out what it isn't.
    Look for causes other than paranormal causes first. Stay objective and keep an open mind.
    Explaining things like this,

Many things happen that cannot be explained.

Many more strange things happen that can be explained by logical, rational thought and investigation.

What appear to be shapes and figures can be reflected lights or dust in the air or any number of things.

The fields electric currant emit can affect how we feel and make you uneasy.
    Variation in the power supply to your house can cause appliances to do things they normally don't.

When we get scared we perceive things differently than we do when we are not scared.
    When you look for answers , start by eliminating "reasonable possibilities"
    and probable things, and work your way to "No reasonable source or cause.

This is the tip of the iceberg and simplistic but people with beliefs that are causing them problems , and making them afraid deserve help in some way other than being told what they experienced isn't real or was imagined or is a mental problem.

90% of what is first thought to be paranormal can be broken down and shown to be normal stuff.
    But during this process people can have their lives made a shambles and be terrified constantly.

These people need help. Not ridicule .

I have had people "explain" to me what I saw, and how it happens.
    You have no idea how insane it is to hear someone explain to me what I saw, when they weren't there and know nothing first hand.

I think I may have started a rant I should stop now.
    This is a sensitive subject for me.

I am not singling anyone out or wanting to cause problems or opening a debate.

I'm just sayin' ,,.......

I agree with all of this. I think it's safe to say that you and I are on the page here.

I don't think that you have started a rant. You were stating your opinion and that's all. Nothing wrong with that.

I just happen to believe what the OP is saying.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ghost movies from late 80s early 90s about a girl who sees her boyfriend ghost who di [ 1 Answers ]

I saw a movie about a girl whose boyfriend died in a plane crash and she starts seen his ghost, then she has somekind of accident and goes into a comma and then her spirit meets with her boyfriends spirit and the hospital where she is and she can she her body lying on the bed. At the end of the...

Name of movie: Killer named ghost or the ghost; man named king who escaped by falling [ 1 Answers ]

Killer named ghost or the ghost; man named king who escaped by falling out of a window; man who ghost thinks of as worthy of being his predecessor

How can I find out if there are ghost in our new home? [ 4 Answers ]

I need help. I just bought a house. I saw on TV people having problems with homes they had just bought with ghost. I wanted to know if anyone knew of a web site I could go to and find out if anyone died in the house or if anything like this has happened before.

IS there a ghost in my home? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi my name is misty and were having some weird things happen in our home here are some of them. LAst night 5-18-07 I got home from the hospital and I was on medication that would normally make someone sleep good. Well it was around 130am underneath our bed was banging really loud my husband woke up...

View more questions Search