Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rickas38 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2010, 02:22 PM
    Janitrol Wiring Diagram
    I have a Janitrol Gas Furnace that is not lighting,the serial# 9805613173 and the model# GMPN0804.
    When our temperature began to change I went to turn on the furnace and it wouldn't light,I called a local heating/cooling company and when their man came out to check it he ruled the furnace unsafe because it was blowing out of the furnace,he said that the heat exchanger was cracked and would need taken in for replacing,or simply replace the furnace,I found that the part was covered under warranty and had it replaced,but it still won't light,the fan will come on and the glow begins and then it will go out,the same man came out yesterday to see about lighting the furnace and told me that I either have a bad control board or a bad gas valve,he advised that he checked the power to the gas valve and it was showing 70v and said it should only be 24v,I discussed with my wife's Uncle and he felt that the problem may be a wire connected incorrectly,I would appreciate any assistance.
    Clifishere Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2010, 02:45 PM
    Dear person,
    One side of the gas valves wires goes to the common of the 24 volt trans. The other side comes from pin seven the purple wire from the board connector then goes to the pressure switch and then your safety's the high limit then roll out switches.the seventy volts on the gas valve I have never seen in the years I have been working on them. I believe you have a wiring issue take the print and follow each wire one at time. The print should be on the door
    Certified heating and Ac inc
    Clif Pres and owner

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring diagram JANITROL HPT18-60 [ 15 Answers ]

Need a wiring diagram for a JANITROL HPT 18-60 thermastat

Janitrol hpt18-60 to honeywell rth3100c wiring diagram [ 0 Answers ]

I have a white wire going to W2 and E both and a blue wire going to C. Where will these go on the new Honeywell thermostat?

Janitrol thermostat wiring diagram [ 0 Answers ]

I have a janitrol unit model AR36-1. It has a brown,white,red,blue, and green wire. I have a honeywell thermostat model RTH2410. How can I connect this unit to the thermosat?

Sequencer wiring diagram for janitrol [ 1 Answers ]

What color wire goes were

Thermostat wiring diagram; janitrol 7W/honeywell 5W [ 1 Answers ]

What is the wiring layout from the Janitrol hpt 18-60 to the Honeywell RTH230B?

View more questions Search