Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    souhila11 Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Oct 23, 2010, 01:18 PM
    Is my voice the responsible?
    Hi!
    I have problemes in saying english words, I don't know if it's my voice or other reason, I repeat the same phrases the native speakers say but I couldn't be as the same case as they are...
    What can I do?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 23, 2010, 02:13 PM

This is what happens when someone learns a new language as a teen or adult. It is not you or your voice. It is the habits your tongue and lips and mouth are used to with your native language.

I'm a native speaker of English. I cannot speak German or French or Hindi the way native speakers do. In fact, I must LIVE in a country or situation that speaks German or French or Hindi, and I must speak ONLY that language for maybe a year or even two or three years. Only then will I begin to sound like a native and lose my English language habits.

My Indian friend has been in the U.S. for over ten years but still has an accent. An accent is cool and sexy. It shows you are a person who has traveled.

Oct 25, 2010, 10:08 AM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    aah, so that's the reason!
    thank you so much, um what do you say if I asked you to accept me as a friend, I am searching for native speakers to improve my english =) and thank u so much for your reply!

Oct 25, 2010, 10:11 AM
    Comment on jakek's post
    Thanks Jakek, I am from algeria and here you know we can't use the credit card eh!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 25, 2010, 10:13 AM

If you want to improve written English, please post on the Languages board and alert me to your presence there. I'm not sure how you and I could practice spoken English. Is there someone in your area who is a native English speaker?

Oct 25, 2010, 10:41 AM
    In my area no, I want t improve my written and to get new words with are common, words that native speakers use in their conversations...
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 25, 2010, 11:24 AM

I want t improve my written and to get new words with are common, words that native speakers use in their conversations...
    So you would write that correctly this way --

I want to improve my written communication and learn new words that are common -- words that native speakers use in their conversations.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 25, 2010, 11:26 AM

Have you had English instruction, so that you know about nouns and verbs and direct objects, etc.

Oct 25, 2010, 11:39 AM
    Yes, I want to speak with others and undrestand the native slang, like want to, at schools teachers teach us WAnt to, as so.I learnt english alone :)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2010, 02:03 AM
    Hi, souhila11!

I do want to just comment here, that although it would be a little bit awkward, it is possible to be communicating via using this site with someone by using the element of sound, by posting sound files for free on sites where they can be stored.

If that's done, then some instruction and progress can actually be heard.

Thanks!

Oct 27, 2010, 10:51 AM
    Comment on Clough's post
    Hi clough!
    And how will that be?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Calgary, AB - Is landlord responsible to pay out DD-Or Is ex-roommate responsible [ 18 Answers ]

Calgary, AB I have just recently moved out of a house I was living in with a couple roommates. I am having troubles getting my damage deposite back. I need to know if it is the responsibility of the landlord to pay me out, or if it is up to my roommates to pay me my portion? Will I...

Best voice ever [ 9 Answers ]

Hi!! :) What is the best voice you have ever heard? I am a big fan of opera so Renata Tebaldi is one of my choices. Also there is a South African singer called Ashton Night who also has a band called The Awakening. The music is mostly gothic rock, Ashton has this deep rich voice that give me...

Movie voice [ 2 Answers ]

I would love to do a voice of a character for a movie or a TV show I live in australia how would I get into that?

Voice over [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know I good place to study VoiceOver in NYC?

View more questions Search