Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    darkangel44 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2010, 09:56 AM
    I have a friend who is on adult probation
    If you are on adult probation and you move without telling your parole officer what can happen? My friend is on adult probation and right now he is using his parents address but is not living with them. Could the parents get in trouble to for this? Also he has been going out past curfew to places that serve alcohol and stays out past midnight. Could he be sent back to jail for this if I report him?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 23, 2010, 10:12 AM

He obviously does not have any respect for authority, or discipline. Sometimes people like this absolutely do not do well getting along in life. If you report him, yes, he will be in trouble, but even if he is, do you think he will care ? Restrictions are imposed for very good reasons; his probation officer will not take lightly the fact that he changed addresses without informing the authorities.

Tick

Oct 23, 2010, 10:18 AM
    Comment on tickle's post
    His parents will not get in trouble will they if they find he is using their address? I looked up and said if it not important to report then don't contact officials... what would you do?

Oct 23, 2010, 10:21 AM
    Comment on tickle's post
    I only know that he is living with some girl, her name and that she is in Houston... is that enough or do I have to track down more info?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 23, 2010, 11:28 AM

I have no idea why you rated my answer as not being helpful. You asked a question, I answered it. No, his parents wouldn't get into trouble. He is the one on probation. What is your connection in this ? How do you benefit from reporting him ?

You only have to know his probation officer and how to contact him and give him all the information you know. They will find him. As for going to jail, yes, that is a good possibility if that is the only way they can keep track of him.

Tick
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 23, 2010, 12:35 PM

He can go back to jail for any period from a few days to the entire amount of probation time he was sentenced to.

Any of these are violations of his probation, plus it is another violation of not notifying the PO of the change of addess.
    Moving is one violation, not telling PO is another violation.
    Curfew is another, going into places that serve is another.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Airlines and adult probation and parole [ 5 Answers ]

I've had a trip planned out of state since before I was put on probation.. my probation is for a misdeamor.. would my po be able to know if I flew commercially

On adult probation/what is the maximum time for first offence [ 2 Answers ]

I had to do 18 months probation. Then got in trouble for not showing up three times, but I called her each time and gave her notice that I couldn't make it.and I did show up dirty a couple of times when she took a urine sample.so she put a bench warrant out on me.now I'm sitting in jail waiting...

Release from adult probation in Louisiana [ 2 Answers ]

When you get released from adult probation (in Louisiana) are all conditions of that probation done away with are do you still have to meet those conditions ( church attendance, community service and so on)

I need information about adult probation [ 3 Answers ]

I need to know how I can transfer probation to a different county? I need to know how I can file a complaint about a probation officer?

Adult probation [ 3 Answers ]

If I missed my probation appointment due to my doctors appointment running late! What will happen? I even have a note from doctor stating I was there! Do I have 24 hours to report before being violated?

View more questions Search