Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jcookson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2010, 09:01 AM
    I have had a cough for about 3 months, can breath when I cough
    And I taste blood when I spit up. Doctor put me on omeprazole but it does not help... I am tired. What do I do and what is this
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 23, 2010, 09:18 AM

Your doctor has prescribed a med that treats severe stomach problems, acid reflux, ulcers, gastroinestinal problems but this sort of doesn't match up with the symptoms you describe.

Are you a smoker ?

Were you specific when describing your symptoms to your doctor?

When you spit up, is there actually blood? Tasting blood isn't exactly the same thing.

Excuse my questions,because what you describe sounds like a lung problem, not a stomach problem.

Tick
    leximom Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2011, 01:56 PM
    You need to go see a different doctor. And explain thoroughly what you are experiencing and the fact that the original prescription does not work.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 22, 2014, 03:37 AM
    Old thread, closed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I been on 4 antibiotics, have a cough, short of breath getting worse? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been sick... cold, flu like for past 4 months... nothing seems to help me get better.. I've been on 4 antibiotics... I have sore throat, difficulty swallowing, most lately shortness of breath, fatigue... been to the doctor 3 times... keep treating me for sinisitus... I think I might have...

My daughter is 17 months old and has had a cough for more than a week [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter is 17 months old and has had a cough for more than a week almost 2 weeks. She has a little bit of a runny nose and has a weird cough. She coughs andits loud and sounds like there is mucus in her throat. When she coughs she has a coughing attack and almost vomits. She doesn't really...

Cough Medication [ 2 Answers ]

Two years ago I tried taking cough pills with some friends and we did it several times after and now I'm always wanting them. It's like I'm craving the high I get from them. Now there's a law against how old you have to be to buy them. I was wondering is there a similer high that you can legally...

Cough [ 5 Answers ]

My 7 month old Lab has a deep cough. He only coughs when he runs or gets excited just a few times then he stops. Sounds like Croop?? We are having Santa Ana Winds could he have allergys? If so What can I give him. He is eating and playing fine. Nose is cold and wet

View more questions Search