Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jeff_in_Atl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2010, 02:41 PM
    Do I have a case against a former employer for firing me without cause in GA?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2010, 02:42 PM

I believe Georgia is an at will state meaning that you can be fired for any or NO reason. No, you don't have a case against your former employer. Sorry.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2010, 02:53 PM

Could you prove that your termination was because you were a member of a protected class, i.e. ethnic, age, disability?
    Jeff_in_Atl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2010, 03:03 PM
    Comment on Justwantfair's post
    No, a white male
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 22, 2010, 03:14 PM

First, please don't use the comments feature to post follow-up, use the Answer options instead.

You really have to be kidding. Do you really expect us to be able to give you an answer without knowing the details of why you were fired?

While its unlikely that you have a case because GA is an at will state, without knowing the details we can't really advise.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Converting civil case into criminal case [ 2 Answers ]

I reside in the philippines I have used my credit card like account to withdraw money in order to pay for my sister's hospital bill,in which she cannot afford I wasn't able to pay for it,since they promise that they will be the one to pay it A certain fiscal said I,would be charged criminally...

What questions does past employer have to answer by new employer [ 1 Answers ]

If a new employer calls your old employer, what questions will they answer.My concern is that I have been unemployed now for 6 months,and am concerned that my prospects are frowning on the fact that I have been out of work so long. I may just be overreacting as this is the longest time I've been...

H1B transfer - whether current employer know about the new employer [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Experts Currently I am on H1b visa with company A. I would like to transfer this to Company B. I heard that Company A will not know that it is transferring to Compnay B during the transfer. Is this correct? Also, after successful transfer to compnay B whether USCIS will send any...

View more questions Search