Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dre2317 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2010, 10:41 AM
    false arrest domestic violence
    My friend was arrested in Illinois for domestic battery. How can he explain that he was falsly arrested? After spending the night at a family members house, he had to take her home because she was stealing liqour and was still getting drunk as well as popping perscription meds. They were arguing about her actions at the family party the night before and about her stealing the liqour. My friend decided he had had enough of her crazy drunk life and told her she would have to move out when they got home. Drunk, she started yelling and tried to jump out of the car moving at 50 miles per hour! My friend was obviously grabbing on to the wheel and trying to pull her back in the car. Then she started grabbing the wheel to make them crash. Teh door was all the way open at this point. He strts too slow down and pull over and she jumps out of the car. A motorist behind him called the cops. The cops and paramedics show up. She is fighting with the paramedics obviously drunk and drugged up. My friend is calm and sober and explains what happened to the cop. The cop says he is arresting my friend because the motorist that called said my friend was trying to push his GF out of the car. Now I can see that from 50feet back in a car, all you see is an open car door with body parts hanging out and the driver with their arm stretched, it may appear he was trying to push her out. But when an officer sees how irrate and drunk someone is, that they are assualting a paramedic, he should use common sense and see that my friend was telling the truth. What the motorist saw was his arm extending trying to pull her in from jumping. He was arrested and his truck was towed. She was taken to the hospital and had some bumps and bruises because she jumped from the car her alcohol level was 4X legal limit and she was positive for drugs. She assaulted a nurse while at the hospital. She the police came to arrest her for assaulting the paramedic and nurse. But before they could do that, someone came and broke her out of hospital. When my friend got back home from his night in jail and bond hearing, he got a call from the cops that arrested him asking if he could help them find his girlfriend because she had broken out of the hospital while under arrest. They even asked him to call her which violated his release! They said don't worry we rae going to drop the charges, he said I'm not worried because I'm innocent and she is not going to go to court. He can't pay the money to get his car out.. what can he do? Can't he get his car back for free since he shouldn't of been arrested in the first place?
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2010, 11:40 AM
    He needs to get an attorney, who can present his side of the story through the proper procedures and documents to the court.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 22, 2010, 12:38 PM
    He should keep calling to find the officer who arrested him, who should at the very least help him get his car out. Each day will cost more.
    It's really too bad that he didn't stop the car when she started all that. I wouldn't blame the cop so much at first.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2010, 01:08 PM

Hello d:

He should NOT talk to the cop that arrested him. If you didn't understand what I just said, let me repeat. DON'T talk to the COPS! Don't do it... Really, DON'T...

Hire a lawyer, or wait until you're assigned one. You don't really think they'll let you take your car because you SAY you're innocent... Come on, Dude.

excon
    dre2317 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2010, 08:50 PM

He told the cop he couldn't help him. He was held the weekend until Monday so when he got out it was already $800.00 to get the car out and couln't afford to pay that so he left it in there. He has no money for a lawyer but since she is on the run, she will not show up for court and his case will be dismissed ( I doubt state will proceed with charges) what can he do about the car. Have there been instances where the judge orders release of vehicle? Also, when the police got there and tried asking her what happened she said he didn't psuh her out. Other than that she was way to drunk to carry on a conversation with the cop.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

False domestic violence allegations, now what? [ 4 Answers ]

False domestic violence allegations Hello everyone, I live in Polk County Florida. To make a long story short. March 5th my girlfriends family showed up at 2 in the morning and tried to Take our son and run. I called 911 and put a stop to it. She still took all of His belongings to Ohio...

False allegations domestic violence [ 1 Answers ]

What can I do about false domestic violence and false allegations for the baker ac.

Domestic violence AND false charges AND nc [ 4 Answers ]

Okay if someone (exwife) goes to the police station and files charges against their ex husband. Saying that they are scared of this person when ALL that took place was a heated phone conversation regarding their child. Can they charge the guy with Domestic Violence when there were no threats made...

Domestic Violence - No arrest [ 8 Answers ]

My wife and I got an argument this Saturday night. We did some push-and-shoves during the argument. My wife wanted to give me a warning and called 911 in the Sunday morning. The police came and asked both of us the questions. No photo was taken and we did not sign any documents. Simply, the police...

False allegation of Domestic Violence [ 6 Answers ]

I was recently charged with domestic violence. I think the whole thing is ridiculous as I got into an argument with my girlfriend that could have been avoided. The state is very strict with these laws. I think there were mistakes on both sides, but they chose to remove me from my apartment. My...

View more questions Search