Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Jan 4, 2011, 08:09 AM

Lions 6-10, 4gm win streak (no longer active streak in the NFL besides the Pats) we're hungry, determined and angry. We've learned to win and not give it away in the 4th. Too bad the seasons done!

It should be an interesting draft!
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2011, 08:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ITstudent2006 View Post
    Lions 6-10, 4gm win streak (no longer active streak in the NFL besides the Pats) we're hungry, determined and angry. We've learned to win and not give it away in the 4th. Too bad the seasons done!

It should be an interesting draft!
    Megatron was a big part of one or two of my fantasy championships this year. Didn't matter who was throwing to him, he was solid.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Jan 4, 2011, 08:22 AM

That is true. I am eager to see what Detroit does with Shaun Hill, he had a huge role in the late success of the Lions and to just dump him when Stafford gets back would be horrible.

Even as a backup he is worth more then ever letting go. Especially with Stanton being #2 if Hill leaves. Ewww... (I'm a huge State boy but Stanton just isn't performing like Hill)

The draft will be exciting that's no doubt. Hill is a free agent now and I'm concerned they're just going to dump him. What a mistake.
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2011, 08:32 AM

I didn't understand why SF let Hill go, his play helped Singletary get the head coaching job.
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2011, 10:36 AM
    Time for a nanny state update. No surprise here, the latest city to seek a ban on Happy Meals instead of dealing with real issues is... New York City.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2011, 11:45 AM

We aren't happy people . I wonder when Comrie will propose banning dirty water hot dog stands ?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2011, 12:04 PM

Want to see how long it takes for NY to ban being rude?

I don't suggest holding your breath,
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2011, 06:45 AM
    Boston Mayor Thomas Menino just banned sugary drinks from city property.

“I want to create a civic environment that makes the healthier choice the easier choice in people’s lives, whether it’s schools, work sites, or other places in the community," said Menino in the press release issued last week about the soda ban.

Menino announced the ban to force people into healthier choices the day after reaching an agreement to allow the sale of mixed drinks at Fenway Park, as Coke is obviously the healthier choice when mixed with Jack Daniels.
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2011, 07:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Boston Mayor Thomas Menino just banned sugary drinks from city property.

“I want to create a civic environment that makes the healthier choice the easier choice in people’s lives, whether it’s schools, work sites, or other places in the community," said Menino in the press release issued last week about the soda ban.

Menino announced the ban to force people into healthier choices the day after reaching an agreement to allow the sale of mixed drinks at Fenway Park, as Coke is obviously the healthier choice when mixed with Jack Daniels.
    Obviously something that would happen in Leftychusetts,
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2011, 07:55 AM

I think they should ban wealthy Senators from parking yachts elsewhere to avoid paying taxes to the state they represent.
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2011, 08:09 AM

Or prevent them from Harping on alternative energy like wind power then like the hypocrites they are... work to ban them in their own back yard.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2011, 08:23 AM

Speech, or at least living in the state he is a Senator for:)
    Check out Oregon, politicians are elected but don't even reside here! Is that crazy? Ohhh I have not been up to date on all the issues of late, been out of commission, I can't wait to go read a good year of CRAP you guys write about! LMAO
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2011, 08:25 AM

Start, or showing up for work instead of being "fleebaggers" in another state.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2011, 08:26 AM

I just need to get back into the swing of things and see what the hell is happening around this world. I will get back with you... LOL
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2011, 09:07 AM

Nice to see you back. :)
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2011, 01:52 PM

Some Chicago schools are now banning lunches packed from home. No word yet on whether they'll allow the sale of mixed drinks.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 11, 2011, 02:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Some Chicago schools are now banning lunches packed from home.
    I read that in this morning's paper. The kids who packed their own lunches brought chips and soda and cookies. The school principal hoped the school would give them a better variety and more nutritious food. The kids are throwing it away.

Go back to chips and sodas and cookies?

I'm thinking the school should involve the kids in making up the menu. Both should compromise.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2011, 02:10 PM

I can't imagine the ruckus my mom would've made if they prevented us from bringing in the lunches she made for her 5 children.
    Actually... yes I can imagine it. She stormed the gates of the schools more than once.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 11, 2011, 02:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    I can't imagine the ruckus my mom would've made if they prevented us from bringing in the lunches she made for her 5 children.
    Actually ...yes I can imagine it. She stormed the gates of the schools more than once.
    She sent you to school with a lunch of chips, soda, and cookies? I think not! That is exactly why the principal is doing this -- the kids are packing their own lunches -- and badly. What would you have put in your lunch bag?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 11, 2011, 03:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    She sent you to school with a lunch of chips, soda, and cookies? I think not! That is exactly why the principal is doing this -- the kids are packing their own lunches -- and badly. What would you have put in your lunch bag?
    I used to get chips and a sandwich, Soda was available in the machine at school and I got an allowance so I could get cinnamon rolls that they baked fresh daily and smothered in butter. So why should the state control the foods people eat?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nanny Mcphee [ 7 Answers ]

I just saw the best little film I have seen in a long time. Nanny Mcphee, if you haven't seen it yet it is just excellent! Gather the kids around, make popcorn and sit back and enjoy. Angela Lansbury plays the wicked old aunt and she is a gasser! If you have seen it let me know what you think.:p

Looking for a former Nanny. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, I've seen others put up stuff about finding people so I thought I'd give it a wack. Between the years of 1997-1999 I lived in Izmir, Turkey. While I was there I met a woman who has had a huge impact on my life... Deniz. She was our nanny, but she was more like a best friend. She...

Who's your nanny? [ 17 Answers ]

The nanny state has come to this... I'm literally speechless.

My son wants the nanny over me [ 2 Answers ]

I've gone back to work 1 month ago after my extended Maternity leave. My son is 16 months old and seems to be forming a bond with his Nanny. I thought this was great at first, but he seems to want to be with her more then he does with me. When I go to pick him up, he leans towards her. He's not as...

W2 for out-of-state nanny [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I live in DC and employ a nanny who lives in Maryland. Do I need a Maryland employer ID to put on her w2 form? Thanks!

View more questions Search