Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shirleywillis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2010, 09:27 PM
    Where can I buy home owners insurance for my 2005 manufactured home in Florida
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2010, 10:27 AM

Try Foremost insurance. They are part of the Farmer's Insurance group. They insure manufactured homes all over the US. Your rates will probably be high in Florida but you will get insurance through them. If you belong to AARP and give your membership number when asking for a quote your rates will be much less. I found them to be the best and cheapest around and with the AARP discount you can't beat that. ALso, they don't cancel policies either as most other insurance companies who insure manufactured homes tend to do. Call them up, pick their brains and you will come away much better informed. Try calling other MH insurers and gets quotes from them as well and what they offer. I called many different insurers when my present "big" company hit me with a swell renewal increase in premium. Foremost does not raise rates every year. Call and find out for yourself. But first get that AARP membership number to get a better quote.
    Insurance Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2011, 05:25 PM
    Foremost Insurance is one of many carriers that are writing in Florida, however they only offer coverage in interior counties. Your best bet is to contact Statewide Insurance. They are an independent insurance agency and represent most Florida manufactured home insurance and Florida mobile home insurance companies. They will shop for the best rates for your area. You can get quotes right from their website or call them toll free at 888-way2insure.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2011, 07:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Insurance View Post
    Foremost Insurance is one of many carriers that are writing in Florida, however they only offer coverage in interior counties. Your best bet is to contact Statewide Insurance. They are an independent insurance agency and represent most Florida manufactured home insurance and Florida mobile home insurance companies. They will shop for the best rates for your area. You can get quotes right from their website or call them toll free at 888-way2insure.
    Never knew those companies existed. I owned a MH in Davie, Florida before Andrew hit back in 1992. I'd hate to try and get insurance for that now considering the cost would be excessively high.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pools and Home Owners Insurance [ 1 Answers ]

Here is my situation. My pool is a cedar walled, inground liner pool. My pool collapsed and I don't know why. I have checked my insurance coverage and it appears it will be difficult to get it covered. I have a safety cover on the pool and so I am not sure what may have been going on underneath. I...

Home Owners Insurance On New Roof [ 10 Answers ]

We are planning to have a new roof put on our home in Wisconsin this summer. We have two estimates - one from a nationwide major construction company and one from a local free-lance roofer who just does roofs on the side. The construction company sales person told us that in the future if we...

Home Owners insurance [ 3 Answers ]

How can I find out who my neighbors home owners insurance company is? How can I found out if a home owners has home owners insurance? Is it legal to do so?

Home owners insurance [ 2 Answers ]

This really happened & I am baffled by the result. A tree in my yard falls & hits one of my cars. The car only has liability insurance coverage on it. The car was a total loss. My first reaction was that the home owners policy will take care of that. Not.. Evidently it only covers acts of...

View more questions Search