Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TreeHill Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2010, 03:25 PM
    What should I do?
    I don't know what to do, I like this boy but I don't know if he likes me. He replies to me straight away on msn which he used to not do much. He sent me 3 kisses on msn which he has never done before, even though I sent him one kiss. He knows I like him, I thought I would leave him thinking about it, but I don't know if I have. Should I tell him really how I feel? Help.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 21, 2010, 03:29 PM

Is this only an internet relationship, or do you know each other in real life?

MSN, Facebook, all those social networks, have really messed around with real life relationships. Why not talk to him, face to face or on the phone, ask how he feels about you and be honest about how you feel.

Oct 21, 2010, 03:34 PM
    Comment on Altenweg's post
    We have started talking a bit more face to face, yes. I'm scared that he doesn't like me in that way, I don't like thinking about risking myself getting hurt. Should I leave it for a bit longer, or is it best for me to just tell him?
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2010, 03:39 PM

I would leave it alone, he knows that you like him, let him make the next move. He may be shy also. Continue to grow your friendship.

How old are you both?
    Pets Expert

Oct 21, 2010, 03:41 PM

Can I ask how old the two of you are?

Oct 21, 2010, 03:43 PM
    Were both 13, 14 this year .
    Pets Expert

Oct 21, 2010, 03:52 PM

You're still pretty young to get too serious about a guy. I know you'll think you're not, and you'll think that I'm just old and what do I know, but I've been 13, I've been 14, I've been every age after that up until 40.

Why not just continue a friendship, see where it goes and go from there. Don't get too serious with a boy yet, you have plenty of time for that. :)
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2010, 03:55 PM

My son is 13, he has a crush on a girl, even asked what she would say if she asked him out... when she responded that she didn't want to ruin their friendship, he instantly responded... that he wasn't asking, he 'already' had a girlfriend. They are still friends.

Boyfriend and girlfriend status lasts about 24 hours at his school, but friends last a lot longer.

Oct 21, 2010, 07:32 PM
    Awww, all right. But not everyone lasts about 2 weeks or something like that. I remember I had a boyfriend this year and we lasted almost 5 months:O

Just wondering, what should I do cause I really would like something to happen for me and this boy, I would love to get noticed but I don't know how? And I want to make a good impression,but how?

I would love to get noticed because then he could maybe start to like me more and things, but I don't know how. I would love if people helped me with this. Anybody, honestly just say anything to help me. Thanks
    Pets Expert

Oct 21, 2010, 09:13 PM

The best way to make a good impression is to be yourself. I know it sounds corny and everyone says it, but it's the truth.

When I was your age I was painfully shy, I didn't approach guys, and when I was around them I often acted goofy because I didn't know how to just be myself. I thought that acting cool would get the guys to notice me. It didn't work.

It wasn't until I was around 17 that I was really comfortable in my own skin and able to be myself. I made a lot of great guy friends, some of them even became boyfriends for a while.

Just enjoy the friendship. If a relationship is meant to happen it will develop, but it's always best to start as friends, especially at your age.

I know it's hard. You're not a little kid anymore, but just barely a teen. You want to go out and explore everything, and there's nothing wrong with that, just make sure to stay true to yourself and don't be in such a hurry. Before you know it you'll be my age, married, with two kids (one of which is almost your age) and you'll wish you had been a kid for a little while longer.
    JackVolver Posts: 8, Reputation: 3

Oct 23, 2010, 10:55 AM
    Hey there! I'm Jack and I am willing to help you.

Firstly I need some details:
    - How long you know the boy ?
    - Is he older/younger than you ?
    - How frequently do you speak ?
    - Does he has a girlfriend ?
    - Any connection /touch,eye-contact,longer hugs/?

If I would now these details, I could help :)

Oct 23, 2010, 01:31 PM
    Comment on JackVolver's post
    He's a month and a bit younger than me. I've known him for a year and a bit now. We speak quite a lot. He doesn't have a girl friend. Eye contact:).
    JackVolver Posts: 8, Reputation: 3

Oct 23, 2010, 07:29 PM
    Okay, so here's the deal: I think the situation is quite good, there will be no problem if the boy at least likes your body / your personality just a little !
    Firstly (and I think this is the best but longest way to do this) you have to try "sneak in" the guys life. Try to speak more and more with him, or just speak as much as now you do. Then, "accidently" bump into him (be there where he is at that time) because if he has a tiny interest in you, he will go and talk to you as well to meet with you :) When you speak, to give sings you should be open, speak a little more than him and touch or play with him a little; he'll start to melt in minutes by your kindness or cuteness... next step: party nights! Invite him weekly once to a group program, spend a little time with him (30 minutes) and a little time with your friends (30 minutes also) so he can notice the diffrence of speaking to you and having your company, and he'll be sad and a little desperate for not having you always close to him ! Play just a little hard-to-get if you notice him falling into you, but remember: always be kind, always be cute as you are and be yourself when you play that tactic, it's only about "not being always available" not to nearly turn out of yourself and everything! Some girls fall into that trap, and the guy who they like will be misleaded, angry, very desperate and rejecting. So, for the record, you should not always look out for his company (3 days a week)only like Monday, Wednesday, Friday or less; do not text or ring back immidiatly as you got one, do it 1-2 hours later; he will be desperate if he likes you and would kiss you out of this planet when he will get the sms.

It is a long technique, it can take weeks to months, but it is really fun and you always now if the boy don't like your company or just a thing about you :) Play your role in the game and you will be rewarded with a caring, nice, entartaning guy!
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2010, 03:03 PM
    13 and 14? Huh. Can I know what you expect to happen with this 14 year old kid when you say "what should i do cause i really would like something to happen for me and this boy". Like what it is that you want to happen?

Good Luck,

Javi

Oct 28, 2010, 12:03 PM
    I would like us to go out and be really close as friends before though, so we grow

Jack! I found out the boy I like likes me, good news! But now I would love to go out with him but I don't know how to get him to ask me. I know I could ask but I don't want to sound desperate. So how do I flirt with him and things like that? HELP ME!
    SweetDee Posts: 534, Reputation: 51

Nov 12, 2010, 08:16 AM

Hey,

Well I was going to say so much then I saw that you say he likes you... so half the work is done haha!

Texting flirts are easy because you just have to add hearts or "xo's"

Phone or face to face would be complimenting him, laughing at his jokes, being bold enough to say, "wanna go for a walk?" while at school.

You can say "wanna chill sometime?" or "we should chill sometime". Also if you have something in common, (ie: play the same console games then... ) maybe challenge him to a game? This will make him have to ask you out so you can prove you can kick his butt...

How about talking about a movie you'd like to see... while with him. Maybe it'll encourage him to ask you to it..

Use commonalities (stuff you have in common) as a way to get him to ask you out.. by dropping hints.

Hope this helped :)

Nov 12, 2010, 10:38 AM
    Comment on SweetDee's post
    Thanks, this has helped:). I'm meeting him tomorrow with some of my friends, I hope I'm not too shy, that will put him off! have any ideas on how not to be shy to a boy you like? HELP :O
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Nov 12, 2010, 10:43 AM

How old are the two of you?
    If he likes you, there really is no need to play games. You talk to each other and it goes on from there. The boy is human just like you. He does not bite.
    You don't have to play games or do anything out of character. Be yourself, talk to him. He will either like you or he won't
    SweetDee Posts: 534, Reputation: 51

Nov 12, 2010, 10:50 AM

Yea I have a lot of ideas... actually.

Just treat him like he's a girl. LIKE FORGET you like him so you can show him your personality. Boys like girls that can have the confidence to show that... cus for some girls it's really really hard.

Try and make eye contact a lot. And if it gets awkward just hold the look and smile BEFORE you turn away (cus you're going to want to turn away haha). The smile will indicate to him that you like him, especially if you do it all the time. Because just turning away from eye contact could mean to a boy that you're not interested.

Being shy is a fact for some people and you can't really change your personality, but you CAN TRY and be more "out there", like outgoing.

If you like what he has to say try and say things like "yea, i agree" or "yea, i'm the same". Show him who you are even if it is with a few words.

Offer him things, like if you have gum... or candy (wtvs... ), just ask him if he wants one. Try not to offer it to anyone OTHER THAN HIM. It's going to make it clear that you like him with that gesture. (if anyone else in the group wants then let them ask... ).

All these suggestions together will def tell him you like him.. so he'll have more courage to man up and make a move, like ask you out on a date... OR EVEN to be his girlfriend!

Good luckkkkk :)
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2010, 12:30 PM
    Comment on mmresd's post
    How about you grow first? And then think about growing with someone else?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search