Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ginabina1014 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2010, 03:11 PM
    Job?
    I'm a 15 year old kid and I want to start making some money so by the time I'm 18 I can go off and start my life.
    Help please?
    rpray2007 Posts: 319, Reputation: 23

Oct 25, 2010, 01:15 PM
    I am sure there are plenty of local stores that are looking for part-time help. You might also consider trying web development (which has a low barrier to entry) - take some classes in the local community college in the evening or just start playing around on your own using online tutorials to help you.

The key at this point is to be focused on graduating with good grades from school and college will definitely get you started on your life. Good luck!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 25, 2010, 01:18 PM

There are many things you can do to better your resume for later. Babysitting, volunteer work, you name it. You may not make a lot of money doing these things, no money for the volunteer work, but they'll be really welcome additions to your resume.

Employers look for people willing to go above and beyond, hard workers, people that are motivated. Start now and there's no limit to what you can do.

Good luck.
    rpray2007 Posts: 319, Reputation: 23

Oct 25, 2010, 01:21 PM
    Comment on Altenweg's post
    Good point about community service - this is a great way of giving back and also helping your resume. I know a lot of kids are doing this - almost to a fault in that they seem to forget the purpose of this kind a service - but still a good thing!
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2010, 03:47 PM

Check out some supermarket chains. They often will hire some younger employees and will work around your school schedule as well.

It can also get your foot in the door so that you can move up to other positions, increase your pay and responsibilities, and still easily continue with your education.

Then focus on stashing most of your money away. Be careful as it can be very easy to start spending when you start earning!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2010, 01:37 AM
    Hi, ginabina1014!

Would you mind elaborating on what you mean by "start my life", please?

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

10 diffrences in job descriptions job specifications and job evaluations [ 13 Answers ]

Find the points at least 10 of differences between job description,job specifications,job evaluation

Similarities between job analysis,job description and job specification? [ 2 Answers ]

Similarities between job analysis,job description and job specification?

View more questions Search