Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Oct 21, 2010, 11:28 AM
    Mynah Bird
    Is there anything that should be added to the diet when they are molting?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 30, 2010, 02:44 PM

Hi Homegirl.

I don't know what's going on but I didn't get notification that you had posted in the pet forum. I'm so sorry it took this long to respond.

Moulting takes a lot of energy, and a birds diet should be supplemented during the moult. Things to add are greens, fruits, vegetables, nuts, and even hard boiled eggs (I know, sounds a bit gross, feeding an egg to a bird, but it's important).

There are also moulting drops available. If you can't find them at your pet store, ask your vet.

Moulting can be a stressful time for birds, the right diet can go a long way in helping them along.

I hope this helped. :)
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Oct 30, 2010, 03:15 PM

Yes it was helpful thanks.
    I have been giving her eggs, little bits of chicken too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Creepy film evil boy on farm turns into a bird or sees through eyes of a bird [ 4 Answers ]

What I remember of the film An old big (tall) wooden? Farmhouse. Located I think in the USA. The family had European connections. The boy was bad or evil or misunderstood (not sure) He could either turn into or see through the eyes of a flying bird. This is something I think that was passed...

Bird Training & Bird toys business. How to start? [ 3 Answers ]

I used to work at an Animal Hospital for 3 Years, and I got into bird training. I got really well at it and I love it! I've trained my bird to wave, fetch, and do a lot of other complex tricks. I've also helped my friend with her Bird's behavioral problems. I really want to do this more, but I'm...

Change in weight of bird-cage when the bird is flying inside the cage? [ 2 Answers ]

Q1. What kind of Change would be observed in the weight of bird-cage, weighed by a spring balance 1. when the bird is sitting inside the cage 2. when the bird is flying inside the cage? WHY? Q2. A 1.0 gm. Seed is sown on the earth after few years it becomes one of the biggest trees in the...

Bird [ 4 Answers ]

A cardinal has been constantly flying into windows of house for 3 months. How do I stop without covering windows?

Is dye in bird toys safe? How to clean bird toys? [ 8 Answers ]

I am usually the one that helps other people with their cockatiel or bird questions but this time I am the one that needs help. I have cockatiel birds and I have many bird toys that I buy from Walmart and PetsMart and the other day when cleaning my bird cage I decided to wash the toys with water...

View more questions Search