Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shenron_96 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2010, 09:37 AM
    How to tell if I am gifted?
    You know. Its starting to make sense and I do understand now that I am different. Different yes because I am always finding myself not being able to place in words what ever it may be I'm trying to explain to someone. And no matter what I do. They will NEVER see what I can see in anything. In problems or even a picture. I'm starting to be able to see things in people. And I hope that others will be able to see this to. I feel so alone and lost in everything that I don't realise just exactly how different I am. I feel as if everyone should be able to realise just how smart they are. To just how much potential you actually have instead of wasting this one life you have on a video game or anything non productive in the advancement of mankind. Insanity. Everyoned just waiting on tomorrow. Even when tomorrow comes today. It is only tomorrow your waiting on. And I also can say that. What I see and the way I think. Everyone should be like this. I am open to the theory of. " every person in their own mind is the definition of normal" but I'm also finding other people a little less deeper in this thing of being different. So I hope we can come to find that there is something there. Its just to us. It feels as if everyone should be like this. And see what we see. Were not something better. Or supernatural. We are ony human to with limited capabilities in the world as we know it.

Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2010, 11:30 AM

This depends on your definition of gifted. You can do tests to measure if you are gifted in many subjects.

It is possible to be gifted in maths, but not in spelling or punctuation, for instance, though many gifted people do cross boundaries.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2010, 06:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shenron_96 View Post
    what i see and the way i think. everyone should be like this.
    Hello shenron:

To think everyone should be like you ISN'T gifted at all. It's arrogant and conceited.

excon

Oct 22, 2010, 04:43 PM
    Comment on excon's post
    I can see spiritual things and feelings that aren't my own. I think I would know if I'm a little different. I have seen bad thing come out of people and I've also seen and felt good things.

Oct 22, 2010, 04:48 PM
    Comment on excon's post
    Maybe I didn't mean like me. But what does the things I can see. You cant? It obviously exists I can prove it with all the people it happened with. So tell me why can't you see this thing inside of someone. When I can?

Oct 22, 2010, 04:49 PM
    Comment on excon's post
    If my reality is the same damn one as yours. And we live in the same world with the same laws of physics. Then tell me why a vast majority of people can't see these things? What I meant to say. To everyone I'm different. But to me. You should be able

Oct 22, 2010, 04:50 PM
    Comment on excon's post
    To see what I see to. I meant to say " to you i am gifted. to me. i am normal"
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2010, 05:14 PM
    i ment to say " to you i am gifted. to me. i am normal"
    Hello again, shenron:

No. To me, you are arrogant, conceited, and maybe a little bit bonkers.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 22, 2010, 06:58 PM

Yes, I agree, and I bet you are never happy, since you can't express yourself well either
    Animus Posts: 93, Reputation: 3

Dec 13, 2010, 01:48 PM
    I think your question moved me.

There is nothing wrong with thinking that other people are inferior to you, it is only when you act on those thoughts that the idea becomes matter and thus it negatively influences people. You are only so unjust as your actions portray. I think by asking this question you have shown that your bright intellect is being wasted on egotistical desires.

Never the less, I have been in a deep video game slump in my life, wasting a lot of time. I have, since reading your question, deleted all the games on my computer. Thank you sir.

"Every philosophy of life, even if it is a thousand times correct and of the highest benefit to humanity, will remain without significance for the practical shaping of a peoples life, as long as its principles have not become the banner of a fighting movement which for its part in turn will be a party as long as its activity has not found completion in the victory of its ideas and its party dogmas have not become the new state principles of a peoples community."

Quote from page 380, of Adolf Hitlers Mein Kamof.

As far as actually telling that you are gifted... If your "gifts" whatever they may be, have
    Animus Posts: 93, Reputation: 3

Dec 13, 2010, 01:50 PM
    Comment on Animus's post
    Ignore the last line in my answer.

Dec 13, 2010, 05:33 PM
    I just gave up on looking for names and answers to why I see things differently. An existential crisis can do that to you lol. Also called a mid-life crisis. A lot or renown people when through it. Einstein did. Even Jesus Christ himself. And many other people you wouldn't even believe. I just settled with the fact that I use perception without logic to look at things. Example to the question of time. To the question of light or any other aspect of what how this place came to be. The only thing I find the most ridiculous about this world is that we are approximatly 8 billion people in the world in existence as 2010. Not to mention all the generations of people and centuries of humans that existed before my time in this state of being. A human with a limited brain capacity of less then a quarter. And not one. Person can tell me how the **** we got here... that's the most stupidest thing I've ever heard. Oh well we came from the big bang.. the christians say were from the beginning of time with adam and eve. Well I guess it depens on who you are. And what you use to establish your sense of reality either its hope. And faith. Or facts and physical evidence

Dec 13, 2010, 05:43 PM
    There's been a battle between science and religion to answer how we got here since the beginning of time. Religions are looked at by science to be attempts to give hope and faith to humanity to keep itself from world war 3 and complete chaos of the world. I do admit there are things I will never understand. And I can and will completely admit that what your reading is simply my opinion. I'm no super genius I'm human who's just as capable as any other human is. I'm nothing special. I used to be a believer in a god or many gods that are watching over this place. And calculating every move we make. Until I heard of science and the logical process that takes form in our thinking. After a while of wondering between religion and science. I found that almost everything in existence has its flaws. So does science. There's a problem with science. And that's the measurement problem. The measuremnt problem consists of changing the molecular behavior of atoms by the simple act of observation. Now.. you didn't even touch it. You simply looked at an atoms projection. You didn't touch it. After I heard of the measurement problem. I lost faith in science. Science.. is a very young. Type of religion itself. What most people don't realise is how science is a belief itself. Believing we don't know how the balls we got here. To believe in nothing.

Dec 13, 2010, 05:51 PM
    Another thing I can bring up is how there never was a released scientifical study on how the conscious interacts with the brain. And from the brain to our physical body's. Into the physical world. Now the conscious is you. Its what makes up your very core of being. A conscious is actually an immaterial thing. You can't touch it and its most certainly not some kind of computer chip you can just pull out of your brain. A conscious is a very undiscovered thing. But making it an immaterial subject. You don't exist here. A physical reflection does. In science its called your conscious. In religion or for most part looked to be called your spirit. A conscious is explained in science to be made up of millions of little neuron receptors in the brain that add up to make a conscious. But nothing is ever mentioned about a single unit or a single part of the brain that IS your conscious.
    TUT317 Posts: 657, Reputation: 76

Dec 14, 2010, 12:33 AM
    another thing i can bring up is how there never was a released scientifical study on how the conscious interacts with the brain. and from the brain to our physical body's. into the physical world. now the conscious is you. its what makes up your very core of being. a conscious is actually an immaterial thing. you can't touch it and its most certainly not some kind of computer chip you can just pull out of your brain. a conscious is a very undiscovered thing. but making it an immaterial subject. you don't exist here. a physical reflection does. in science its called your conscious. in religion or for most part looked to be called your spirit. a conscious is explained in science to be made up of millions of little neuron receptors in the brain that add up to make a conscious. but nothing is ever mentioned about a single unit or a single part of the brain that IS your conscious.
    Hi shenron,

Well, you are certainly asking the big question, but I guess that's what philosophy is for. I am not going to pretend I can answer any of your questions. All I can do is give you my opinion. Little comfort for you, but also little comfort for me. I'll attempt to address you last post first. Perhaps, you already know what I am going to put forward, but I will assume you don't.

As with most of the big questions there always seems to be two schools of thought. No, there has never been a study as to how consciousness interacts with the brain. This is because science is very good a reductionism. In other words, consciousness is really a physical process. Consciousness is nothing more than atoms in motion within the brain.

On the other side of the coin are those people who want to claim consciousness cannot be explained in physical terms. Consciousness has a special subjective character about it. In other words, consciousness is seen to have a special non-physical quality. Science cannot study non-physical qualities;science says these qualities do not exist.Why? Because we cannot measure these things.

Such a dichotomy creates a very interesting situation when it comes to the concept of 'the conscious self'. In other words, there are the, 'no self theorists' or 'bundle theorists and the 'enduring self theorists'. From what I have read you seem to favor the 'enduring self' position. Without going into too much detail, 'bundle theorists' want to claim 'the self' is nothing more that a collection of experiences we have collected over time.This fits in nicely with a scientific explanation based on experience.

Opposed to this view is the claim that the self is and enduring entity which remains unchanged over time. Experience impacts on ,'the self' but by no means explains the self. In the end this amounts to science and religion being 'worlds apart' because they employ different methods for obtaining knowledge. In other words, they make use of different methodologies.

Regards

Tut

Dec 17, 2010, 01:26 AM
    Comment on Animus's post
    One thing I do absolutely agree with is equality. I myself am a person if I due have a negative jugemental thought I keep it to myself and have a feeling of disapointment in myself for even having such a thought.

Dec 17, 2010, 01:28 AM
    Comment on Animus's post
    We should all have a conscious to tell us we shouldn't be thinking that
    BrookeLove3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2011, 07:37 AM
    There's plenty of people that can see spiritual things. I can. I see ghosts, I see once-alive human beings, I can see my own deceased relatives. I help exorcists and priests, I also help others like me. I've even helped TAPS.I was their medium. You're not alone, trust me. It's controllable. It takes years and years of practice, but it's not impossible. It's not exactly a gift. It's a non-transferable trait. It's in you're blood. It's not like we can just take medication for it. It'd ours to live with. You can let it run your life, you can TRY to ignore it, or you can control it. There's a way to to get that safe place. To be able to use your "gift" when you want to use it, rather than your "gift" using you when it wants to. Practice controlling it, concentrate on controlling it, you'll get the hang of it, eventually. Good Luck
    -Brooke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I think I'm gifted but I don't know [ 1 Answers ]

Ever since I was a little child I would either walk by any I go I could get a feeling or a vison of something that has happened in the area in the past. Sometimes I can past a place or walk some where and feel like I shoulld go another way... I don't kconfusednow if that makes it a gift or not...

Gifted but. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I am 18 years old and have an IQ of 135. I was considered gifted ever since I was about 6. I was in enrichment programs and honors classes my whole life. I was also chosen, along with 20 other people, out of 2,000 or so to be in my colleges honor program. Anyway, I am here to say that I...

Am I gifted [ 6 Answers ]

I think I'm gifted... am I?

Is she gifted? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all, My youngest daughter is unusualy bright and still very curious at 12 years old, so I took her to the doctors and they gave her an IQ test, all I was told about it was that she has an IQ of 131. I don't know what this means as I was given no scale or any other information. ...

Is he Gifted? [ 5 Answers ]

Since the age of 3 my son has spoke of Religion or anything to do with Religious aspects. One day he told my husband and I Jesus was standing right behind him. Then he went into this detailed discription of how Jesus was crucified. He descriped how he had a "nest" on his head. He physically...

View more questions Search