Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gcarson1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2010, 01:43 AM
    Outlook Attached word document opens after 30 seconds if you have word open
    We have a weird issue on our XenApp 6 test environment using Outlook 2007 to open Word attachments. The behaviour is such that if a Word instance is already open and maximised with a document and we try to open a Word attachment from an e-mail, the attachment doesn't open unless you un-maximise the Word screen. It also doesn't appear in the taskbar unless you un-maximise.

We came across this problem as a test user reported that they didn't like Word attachments opening in Word Reading View so we disabled the option and now the symptoms described above occur. It's a bit strange as it doesn't occur on XenApp 5/W2k3 but do you have any ideas? Are the any other settings in Word to customise the default view of attachments from Outlook.

Many thanks,

Check out some similar questions!

Jpg to word document [ 12 Answers ]

I have received a scanned word document that is in jpg format. Is there a way I can take jpg and paste it into Word so I can work on it?

Can't open word document downloaded from email on Firefox [ 1 Answers ]

I am unable to open any downloaded MS word documents from email in Firefox. I get a message that word unable to open, security issue. This doesn't happen in Safari.

How to unlock a MS word Document [ 3 Answers ]

I have used a password in MS Word 2003 in saving of document, but I have lost my password to open the word document . Can you plase help me how to open the locked document?

Convert a vista word document to an office 2003 word document [ 1 Answers ]

How can I convert a vista word document to an office 2003 word document?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.