New? Ceiling Fans
    Seen and Installing a couple tomorrow, interesting:
    YouTube - Safety Quick Light Installation Video

This is interesting as well:
    YouTube - Bad Ceiling Fan
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 20, 2010, 06:21 PM

The Safety click probably only saves you a minute or two over conventional connections. When you consider that you have to wire in both the female to the fixture and the male to the ceiling box you have now done twice as many connections as with the old method. I have not done one and look forawrd to what you have to say after your install. I thought of it more as a gadget
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2010, 04:58 AM

I would have installed it yesterday, but you need #14 solid for the pushing connection, all I carry is #12. Actually it should be pretty quick.
    You push wires into the mount, secure the mount, throw up the fan, a couple of screws to secure, it has the blade brackets already attached(In a big box), and each blade uses 1 thumb screw on the back, then pop on the light fixture.
    I would hate to have to find just a replacement part, don't know how difficult to find if contacts are burnt? Replace the whole fan? Or very expensive?
    If you go to their site, they show a lady poping on and off the wall a sconch light. If you wanted to have fun with your friends, you could have 2 sets of Sconches, One set when they arrive, and in 5 minutes, 6 fixtures could be swapped out, when they walk back through, it may make them scratch their head?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fans [ 1 Answers ]

I have a HOMEessentials ceiling fan. Product code 550-619725-112 and a UPC of 0-72000-71298-6. The globe covering the light was broken, is there any way to replace the strange globe? I found no help looking up under HOMEessentials.

Ceiling fans [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Hamilto bay ceiling fan with remote, I need the fan to go the other way around so the air will go down instead of up to the ceiling, There is a way to do it with the remote but I forgot. The remote has six bottons, two green ones that turns on/off up and down light. Three gray for the fan...

Ceiling Fans [ 2 Answers ]

Anyone tell me what direction the fan runs for summer and winter for best results ? Thanks, jhightower17

Ceiling fans [ 1 Answers ]

I have been trying to locate a company that sells 36inch ceiling fans with light kits and remotes if any body knows of such a company it would help me so much, I have been looking for weeks thank you 7555

View more questions Search