Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Murdrwrtr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2007, 04:56 PM
    Password protecting a folder
    How can you password protect a folder on your desktop?
    Slogmeister Posts: 21, Reputation: 0

Jan 9, 2007, 12:53 PM
    I'm assuming you're using Windows 2000 or higher. Unless you are the sole administrator of your machine and the only person that logs into that account and sees that profile, you can't. There is 3rd party software out there that will do it for you, but it's not inherently possible. The best way would be to make sure that you're the sole administrator and don't let anyone else log in as you. That way they can't see anything in your profile (which includes your desktop).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Protecting an invention? [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone advise me please? I have an over-active, caffeine-driven mind! LOL, and frequently come-up with ideas. Often these come to nothing, but some of my ideas might be worth pursuing. However: I cannot afford the cost of patenting, and I am concerned about divuldging my ideas to...

Am I protecting myself... [ 16 Answers ]

So OK - a while back I posted a thread telling you about how I cried tears of happiness for the first time and how I was falling in love with Pete. I had began opening up to Pete and opening my heart up - but now I feel really vulnerable and feel uncomfortable exposing myself - but I don't...

Any way to password protect desktop folder in XP Pro? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello: I am running Windows XP Pro with SP 2. I would like to know if there is a way to password protect folders on my desktop. For instance, lets say I have all the "default" icons and then I create 5 or 6 folders for different things that I want to put in them. Say I forget to log off or...

Setup an password in folder access [ 5 Answers ]

Dear sir; I want to setup an password in my desire folder I have win98 folder what should I do to protect my folder from other without changing my user account

View more questions Search