Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lineabrown Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2010, 09:15 AM
    Clog in water supply lines after replacing section at main municipal supply...
    I had an exposed water supply line that ran from the city inlet to my house. It was old and rusty so we decided to replace it with a PEX pvc piping. It's the same dia. (3/4") and we replace the one 90 elbow with a 45 instead. When we turned the water back on, it had no pressure, and after my husband blew down the faucet in the kitchen and turned it off and on again, some of the fixtures have good water pressure and some don't. The outside spicket works fine, the hot water heater works great, and the washer gets good pressure supplied as well. The sink in the bathroom and toilette have a little pressure (drizzles to slow stream) but the tub has none at all. Also the kitchen sink on the other side of the house has no pressure but a few drips... pretty sure it's a clog from sediment, mineralls, or debri from replacing the section. What can I do to flush the lines out or find the clog? I already cleaned the aerators out. I need to know how to locate and remove the clog, or flush the system... Is there a coffee can trick?
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2010, 10:39 AM

If you have removed the Aerators and no help, the next step is to shut the water to the affected faucets, remove the cartridges or the stems from the faucets turn on the water for a few seconds to flush out all the debris out, clean the cartridge or the stems and install good luck.

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unclogging main supply plumbing lines [ 1 Answers ]

Unclogging main water supply line when the faucet is the only access

Connecting Copper Supply Lines to Brass Supply Lines [ 3 Answers ]

I have just started remodeling my kitchen and am looking to move my kitchen sink further down the wall. The kitchen is completely gutted at this point. The supply lines in my house are all brass. I'm looking to stem off the brass lines using copper tubing. Is it possible to cut the brass supply...

Water supply pipe clog assistance? [ 3 Answers ]

Our elderly courtyard broke a water supply main, a new copper pipe was installed to a portion of it, but older pipes connecting to each house were left in. When the water was turned on again, my own place ran very dirty water (debris and almost gravel suspended in dark water) for 2 entire minutes,...

Supply line won't stop running. Main water supply off [ 3 Answers ]

I was doing some bathroom remodeling and attempted to remove an old supply valve. It would not budge so I decided to cut the copper tubing underneath it and put on a new shutoff valve with a compression fitting. The problem is that water just kept coming out of that supply line. The main water...

Replacing two supply lines with one [ 4 Answers ]

Where can I find a table showing flow volume for water pipe? I'm replacing two iron 3/4" pipes with a single line - a second floor bath & I"m replacing the hot/cold with just a cold supply then splitting and doing a point of use water heater.

View more questions Search