Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mom180719 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2010, 12:26 AM
    I am a breast feeding mother and now I have cuts on my nipple .so what can I do?
    My baby ia 1 year and 3 months old. And he is a g6pd defficient.and is very painful while feeding.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 20, 2010, 12:28 AM

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand. What is a g6pd defficient?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2010, 07:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mom180719 View Post
    my baby ia 1 year and 3 months old. and he is a g6pd defficient.and is very painful while feeding.
    Any obvious signs of damage... cracking, ridges, tender spots? Sharp, burning pain? Is is painful for a bit after a feed as well or only while he is latched? Has he been teething? Have you been ill or have any infections recently that you used any meds or creams for? Any previous episodes of painful feeding? Has he been on any new meds recently?

Might check both of you for possible thrush (while often there will be white patches in the child's mouth, it doesn't have to be evident).

Try a bit of breastmilk before and after each feeding and allow to air dry. If one side is more sore than the other, might try pumping the sore side for comfort and have him feed just off the other for several feeds in a row.

Because of the g6pd, are you avoiding potential problem foods/meds as well? Any related effects for him from birth, for example due to high bilirubin levels?
    GGertie Posts: 36, Reputation: 5

Nov 12, 2010, 05:05 PM
    You can probably find pure lanolin at a family owned pharmacy. Gently rub the nipples with the lanolin several times a day and after feedings.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sore breast and nipple. [ 2 Answers ]

Last month(August) I had my period on the 14th and lasted for two weeks. Which it never happened before. And on the 4th of this month, I had another period. Which lasted only two days and it was extremely light red. It is the 22nd and my breast and nipple are really sore. Normally, before I have my...

Pros/Cons of Breast feeding vs. Formula feeding. [ 9 Answers ]

I have heard that if you don't breast feed your baby will have an unhealthy immune system (although I am pretty healthy, and was bottle fed), and I have also heard horror sotries about breast feeding. What are good vs. bad of breast feeding/bottle feeding?:D:D

Pain in left breast near heart, just near nipple [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a pain that has been bothering me for at about 6 months now that is located about an inch to the right from my left nipple and about and inch down (from my perspective looking down) just near the base of the breast. It is a lingering pain that seems to never go away unless I'm...

Breast feeding [ 1 Answers ]

Can I get into a sauna if I am breast feeding? Will it hurt my milk or change the taste or spoil it or anything??

Breast feeding mother [ 1 Answers ]

My baby is 2 months old and I'm breast feeding I can't use the pump. And my baby's father wants to take her over night and I won't let him but soon we will be going to court I just wanted to know how long Intell the court will make me let him take her over night..

View more questions Search