Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kimbaker1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2010, 06:53 PM
    Do people on ssi pay child support if the children live with the other parent
    TexanPatriot Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Nov 16, 2010, 08:20 PM
    If the SSI was awarded solely to support the children, it must be transferred to the now-custodial parent. If you are receiving a level of SSI which is based on children living with you and take no action to adjust the amount with Social Security, and when audited, you could be subject to civil and criminal penalties for fraud.

You should call the local office immediately.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 16, 2010, 08:47 PM

The parent pays support if there is a court order for it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Step parent must pay child support when biological parent is unable to provide [ 2 Answers ]

My ex-husband is claiming that he does not have to pay child support because he does not work and has not work since 1998. Our two daughters however, up until 2 years ago lived with him and his new wife who is the sole provider of that family. So my question is even though he cannot pay since he...

Can children of a disabled parent who receives ssi also get ssi checks? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I apply for my 2 babies to receive ssi checks... I've been receiving an ssi check since I was about 18.. the mother of my babies is living back at her mothers because her mother has sarcoma cancer and had her leg amputated up to the tip and the cancer then spread to her lungs so she is...

How come recipients of SSI don't pay child support? [ 17 Answers ]

My son is 16 months old and I was denied child support due to his father being on SSI. I think its not fair and he still can work and make money but he doesn't help support his son in anyway. Even people that are retired and get social security can have child support taken out. My son's father is...

How do you live after paying child support from your ssi benefits? [ 7 Answers ]

I am trying to help my son, we live in KY and He really needs all the help he can get.. He pays 3/4 of his SSI ck every month in child support. I would like to find out if this is really legal.

How to get child support for children of a parent on ssi [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I would like to know what do I do if my two kids father draws ssi?the ? Is how do I get help for my kids? Do I need to apply for ssi for the both? He doesn't have to pay but should I have to do it on my own?

View more questions Search