Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicollejamie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2010, 04:02 PM
    Ptsd think am suffering from it
    I was raped I really can't speak much about it because it gets to me, but I think I may be suffering from ptsd and I need help I can't sleep, I have nightmares too, am jumpy around people, how can I make this go away and be stronger with my life ?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2010, 04:17 PM

If you haven't sought counseling yet over this... now is the time. Its clearly weighing heavily on you and a professional can help you deal with it.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 19, 2010, 05:24 PM
    Find a group, a womens' group, whether rape victims or not, talking with others can be better in many ways than individual therapy. You get more time, you can go out for coffee or even stay with each other if you can't sleep, and insurance covers more sessions.
    One reason it gets to you is BECAUSE you don't talk about it, not the other way around. You have to let it out and find others who are suffering too.
    Look in the paper for groups and if none listed, try a clinic, and if none nearby, try a hospital or psychologists in the phone book. Try 211, info line.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

PTSD getting the better of me [ 5 Answers ]

I'm a combat vet. I have PTSD. When I first came home I was cold to the bone. I couldn't feel anything for anyone. Then I started lashing out at family members and others. Saying hurtful things when they bothered me. I thought I was getting better at one point, I had a good job and I was...

PTSD is it me? [ 4 Answers ]

Ok long story guys but I have recvd positive feedback from this site during a breakup and wanted to revist and see if someone out there can help me through this storm. I have been going through a storm recently and this magnified several ongoing situations. My dad recently contacted me and...

Coping with PTSD [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: I have been mis diaagnosed for 20 years and after the Dotr I had been seeing for 20 years sold up, I managed to get into the collage he had banned me from seeing when I tried to change doctors in 2001 but he locked me into him. I have been taken off all the medication ( i.e. lagatil...

Ashamed of PTSD [ 2 Answers ]

I have been diagnosed with bipolar disorder for 10 years. I have actually been almost completely med free for about 2 years. Last fall, I began to have pseudoseizures and was also diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. I was emotionally, verbally and physically abused as a child - and...

Friend with PTSD [ 10 Answers ]

Just some background for you before we get to the questions: My friend has PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder) from something that occurred in his childhood. I've probably had something similar happen as well, only he has a better memory of what really happened while I only get the occasional...

View more questions Search