Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mistakemom Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Oct 19, 2010, 03:32 PM
    ETG testing... please help
    I am hoping that Dr. Bill will be around to answer...
    I had a large glass of wine Sunday evening around 8 pm, will have possible ETG on Thursday am @ 10. I have read all I can and see different things up to 80 hours and 80-120 hours, I am looking at about 84 hours am I safe and before you say anything... THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN!!
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2010, 03:43 PM

You can relax. 2 or even 3 standard glasses of wine will not register at 80+ hrs.

The 80-120 hours you have read about applies to highly intoxicated individuals generally in a detox setting. The vast majority of cases in excess of 78 hours have diagnosed liver and/or kidney disease.

Oct 19, 2010, 04:31 PM
    Ahhh, THANK YOU! But I have another question why all the different claims of cut off times? And I'm the kind of girl that loves to learn and "know" stuff and I have been reading about this for 2 flippin days worried to death and I still don't understand how all this works? I HAVE read all your answers and you seem to KNOW what your talking about... and again I don't even know if I'll be tested with the ETG (I will be tested for drugs for sure) all I know is that they have not tested me in a long time and I'm due. But now Im worried about the false positves just from everyday stuff... please help ease my mind, again very dumb choice especially from a girl who usually makes the right choices!!
    Thanks!

Oct 19, 2010, 04:35 PM
    Comment on DrBill100's post
    I tried to reply to your anser and it went to the top?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2010, 06:20 PM

The variety of claims evolves from the fact that ethylglucuronide (EtG) testing is non-standardized. There is no scientifically established nor agreed upon cutoff. Rather, the cutoffs range from none to 2000 ng/ml. The lower the cutoff the longer the detection time. Even the studies conducted often use different cutoffs which makes comparison difficult. Most of the information available to the general public was provided by press release and designed to portray the tests in the most favorable light. Such articles are promotional in nature as opposed to scientific. Nonetheless that's where the public gets their information. Few people actually look up the study and review the elements and methods.

Most of the information available is a mixture of promotional material, incomparable studies and lastly some assorted facts thrown in for good measure.

Don't feel bad about being confused. If we didn't keep you confused my profession would fade into oblivion.

Oct 19, 2010, 06:35 PM
    Goodness, this whole thing has just taken over my head the past few days... and while I understand that I am not allowed to have alcohol I don't understand why, not an alcohol offense, not even close! Its totally legal and as long as you are not behind the wheel of your car what is the big deal? IDK it may not be meant for me to understand, Im just glad that you feel confident enough to say that even 2-3 glasses of wine would still not fail me after the 80 hours... am I going to sleep good tonight!!
    Thanks again!!

Oct 21, 2010, 10:35 AM
    Just a quick update, they didn't test me at all... all this worry had definatley helped me conclude one thing for sure... THAT DRINKING WHILE ON PROBATION IS NOT WORTH THE RISK OF LOSING EVERYTHING YOU HAVE WORKED TO REBUILD!! Its just easier to follow the rules!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

EtG testing [ 8 Answers ]

If I drink tonight Thursday 1/22 and the court decides to send it out for EtG on Monday 1/26 will I pass?

EtG testing [ 1 Answers ]

Does drinking lots of water, urinating often and taking vitamins help you pass an EtG test faster..

Alcohol testing EtG testing [ 4 Answers ]

I had a etg/alcohol test 10 days ago and had wine the evening prior? I have not heard back from the lab. Has anyone failed or passed with having alcohol in their system? Thank you. Really stressed and very stupid!!

ETG testing [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I find accurate websites to research ETG testing?

View more questions Search