Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnax210134 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2010, 11:40 AM
    Identity theft
    Hi, I have a situation. I am a victim of identity theft and somebody was working with my social security number. I just found out that this guy stop working in 2009 with my social, and he also has $3000 in a IRA account with Fidelity investment. There has been no action in the account in the last year. In the past I had an account with them but I closed. Can I withdraw that money, because is with my social security # and all the mail had come to my house. Thanks
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 19, 2010, 11:50 AM

You're saying that someone established an IRA account using your name, address, and SS number and put $3K into it? Unbelievable. To answer your question - no, you may not take the money, as it is not yours. Don't go down the path of taking something that's not yours just because you think you might get away with it. You should contact Fidelity and tell them about this bogus account, and let them handle it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Identity theft? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I don't know if I'm in the right thread if I'm not please move it to the proper category. Thanks The problem is, I recently lost my driver's license and I'm afraid someone might have picked it up and steal my identity and misuse it. Is there anything I can do to prevent this?

Identity theft [ 2 Answers ]

I currently had a friend of mine fill out my fafsa for student aid. Well we currently are not in good standings and she is now using my social security and other information against me by messing up all my fafsa and student aid transcripts. There is basically no way to stop this because I have...

Identity Theft? [ 3 Answers ]

I live in New Jersey and went to file for Welfare to get medical assistance to get surgery on my knee since I went to the hospital and they think tore my ACL,PCL and meniscis. I have no insurance so I needed Medicaid. The In-take Worker told me that someone else was using my Social Security Number...

Identity theft [ 3 Answers ]

What happens when someone steals your social security number to work in the US legally? The reason I'm asking is because someone did that to me a couple of years ago. I had gone to apply for unemployment due to a job lay off and while I was giving them my personal information, that's when I found...

Identity Theft [ 6 Answers ]

I have recently been working with PickWinnersOnline.org. I am very concerned because I have "won" the lottery and now they are asking for banking information to wire transfer the funds into my bank account. All the documentation which they have sent seems OK, however, identitly theft and scams...

View more questions Search