Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    needtobesmart Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2010, 06:41 AM
    I want to be away from parties and crowd.
    I don't know why I am so. But I finds that I don't feel comfortable to attend parties or group conversation. I always tries to avoid them. This is not a new habit of mine, It's there since childhood. But it's hurting my life more as I am professional now and have to attend parties and lot of team events.

Can you help me out if it is normal or something I have to look out for?
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2010, 07:31 AM

It's possible that you are just anxiety ridden. There are tons of people out there that feel the same way.

If you're really having a problem that you think is affecting your life, then maybe you should talk to a counselor to get to the bottom of the problem.
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2010, 08:18 AM

Really, this is about how badly it affects your life. I'm not mad on parties, I tend to regard a group of people as hard work. I'll go, and I'll concentrate on talking to the people I need to, making sure that no-one is left out, and as soon as decent, I get out and read a book. Hostesses love me, I'm so willing to help with serving food and cleaning up after. So much easier than talking to a crowd of people!

I don't enjoy it, but I learned how to do it, and most people consider that I'm good with a crowd.

If you can't go into a crowd at all, then you might want to get professional help get over this. If it's just you are not comfortable, it's a matter of learning the techniques that help.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 19, 2010, 09:19 AM

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...ml#post2573114

Sounds like this is the challenge you need to develop social skills to go along with your technical ones. See it as a challenge to overcome, outside your normal comfort zone. As Ellen said, start with being useful, and move to friendly as needed.
    rebeccahstrean Posts: 165, Reputation: 9

Oct 19, 2010, 12:37 PM
    Your just shy probably, I have that same problem. When I'm around groups of people I just stand or sit there and listen and not ever talk. I like to have at least like 3 people that I know around me, but I'm usually a one on one person. The thing that I can tell you is that when your in a group conversation wait till you know at least a little something on what they are talking about then you can put your opinion in. Or if you don't know what they are talking about its OK to ask questions no matter what people think of you. Don't let it get you down. I have to work on it still but its helped me A lot. I hope it works for you:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3 IS a crowd [ 13 Answers ]

I have been with her for 5 yrs now we have 2 children together,which makes 4 total, there's 1 each from previous relationships... we have been through a lot together due to poor choices on my part.the last one being that Id started drinking again and totally withdrew from her.theres was only...

3s not company it's a crowd [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend and my cousin and I recently moved in to an apartment together. Our arrangement is a pretty simple one, my cousin and I pay the rent and my boufriend pays the bills, which is the same amt. as the rent.. Unfortunately I do not think it is working out. My cousin does not take out the...

The spoiled under 30 crowd [ 18 Answers ]

When I was a kid, adults used to bore me to tears With their tedious diatribes about how hard things were. When they were growing up; what with walking Twenty-five miles to school every morning Uphill... barefoot... BOTH ways Yadda, yadda, yadda And I remember promising myself...

Tin foil hat crowd gets a Messiah [ 1 Answers ]

Ex-MI5 agent Shayler claims to be chav messiah By Lewis Page Published Friday 10th August 2007 12:11 GMT Well-known former MI5 officer and 9/11 conspiracy theorist David Shayler has taken a further step along the path to fruitcakeville, suggesting to a TV news interviewer that he is the Messiah....

2's Company 3's A Crowd [ 1 Answers ]

Recently I took in my grandson's kitten,I already had a cat and a dog,well anyhow, my 10 year old mancoon cat, uses my dog's puppy pad's and his bed to urinate in,this is getting very agervating,this has been going on now since 2 week's after I took the kitten in, It's not cause the litter box...

View more questions Search