Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oscpressgirl66 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2010, 01:56 PM
    How do I warn people against AT&T Wireless? They're abusive and unfair!
    What recourse do I have against AT&T Wireless? They're business practices are slick and they lie in order to hook you into their services. They treat their customers with little or no respect and their services leave plenty of room for improvement. Can I sue them?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 18, 2010, 06:53 PM

Well in all defense, ( although I left them this year for the program Walmart sells) I had ATT wireless for 7 years, they had the best customer service of other brands I had experience with. ( used another service for work phone)
    And they were very forward if you ask about all of their costs.

I question of course why anyone would go into a contract, except they don't realise the cost of the plans pay for that free phone.
    dajhaeb Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2010, 07:08 PM
    U just say bad things about at&t.say I paid my phone bill but they keep saying that I didn't pay it:D
    dajhaeb Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2010, 07:09 PM

I did it before and it happen to me be4
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 18, 2010, 07:19 PM

I've also been an AT&T wireless customer for 5-6 years. I use a no contract pay-as-you-go plan. I've never had a problem with them or their customer service.

This doesn't mean you haven't got a grievance. It just means that AT&T is not the evil you are trying to portray.
    oscpressgirl66 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2010, 09:32 AM

How nice that AT&T has people so willing to defend their abuses on here :)
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Oct 19, 2010, 09:39 AM

HOW did they abuse you? What EXACTLY did they do that was evil?

Anyone can sue for anything in America... it's just whether you have a snowball's chance of winning. What do you want to sue for? If you're going up a big company like AT&T, I suggest getting a VERY good lawyer.

I am not a big fan of AT&T either. So... when my contract was up, I spoke with my pocketbook and didn't go back--and told all my friends and neighbors exactly why.

But... slick selling methods isn't illegal. Companies that do NOT have good selling methods go out of business. Do you have proof they lied? Or did they not really lie, but you heard it the way you wanted to hear it, and not the way it actually is?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2010, 09:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by oscpressgirl66 View Post
    Who's that?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 19, 2010, 04:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by oscpressgirl66 View Post
    No, I'm not willing to defend ANYONE'S abuses. But I will tell the truth. Since you have not even defined what the abuses were we can't say anything about your experiences. But I can tell you that any company with a corporate culture of cheating and abusing customers is not going to last long. That doesn't mean that sometimes customers don't get the short end of the stick. But it means that is not the rule. Maybe you need to explain what happened so you can see it through someone else's eyes.
    DonaldA Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2011, 03:08 PM
    At&t billing is the worst around... If you pay attention to your usage and bills... which most people do not!! You will find constant miscalculations... especially under new contract... I had to dispute my bill with them so many times that I finally cancelled my service... I paid my final bill and a few months later I was called by a collection agency... a I had to track down a store in California (where I was on vacation when I walked into the store with an old I phone to connect after dropping mine in the water)... I had caught the store rep trying to put me under contract with my own phone and refused... Apparently the store rep had still put me under contract and I was now being charged termination fees... I was made to cal store after store to find the one that opened my contract and finally was assured that I would receive no further bills... I am now fighting with AT&T again after being sent to another agency... I've filed complaints with the BBB and still no resolution... I warn others to stay far far away...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend & I aren't spending quality time together & he's become verbally abusive [ 39 Answers ]

I'm 27 years old, and I've been with my boyfriend for a little over a year now (he's 28). The first few months we were together, he was the sweetest and most charming man ever! (but isn't every guy that way at first?) He's been taking on a few extra projects for work the past 4-5 months (he...

At what point is it unfair to date multiple people? [ 8 Answers ]

I have been dating this girl for 6 weeks. She is starting to push for becoming exclusive. I am currently dating multiple people. At what point is it unfair to date multiple people?

Wireless Firebox X at branch & wireless jet direct box [ 4 Answers ]

I have a wireless router at my store branch, but no wireless PC at that location. I have a wireless jet direct box for my printer. My 1st question: Do I need a wirless PC at this location in order to connect my wireless jet direct box to the router? My 2nd question: Do I need to add IP...

What can I do about an unfair probation officer & circuit court judge? [ 1 Answers ]

Isn't there anything I can do about a prejudiced probation officer and a judge who believes her, in spite of the facts? It's costing me thousands to fight a false-positive drug test, despite numerous websites that say hydrocodone (Norco, which I have a prescription for) will show up as a positive...

View more questions Search