Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomdowell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2010, 09:27 AM
    Spouse is residence of Indiana I am a residence of Florida can we file join fed
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Oct 18, 2010, 09:38 AM

Tom,

Yes, you can file "Joint" Federal Returns ans separate State Returns.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Oct 18, 2010, 09:44 AM
    Agrred that you can file jointly on your federal tax return.

Agreed that you can probably file separately on your Indiana return. However, you can also file JOINTLY on the Indiana return, and you should prepare the Indiana return BOTH ways to determine which is the best course of action tax-wise.

You CANNOT file EITHER jointly or separately on the Florida return, since Florida has NO state income tax and thus has NO return to file.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

US Citizen living in Europe... Permanent residence spouse in US [ 5 Answers ]

Okay this is a tricky one... After a separation the US citizen now lives and works legally in the EU, the permeant resident still lives and works legally in the US. How does one file taxes from now on? Thanks in advance fro any help, great forum.

Will a foreclosure on a second residence affect the primary residence [ 1 Answers ]

I was building a house in North Carolina about three years ago. All of the work stopped because the bank gave all of the money to the builder without checking on the work. They ran out of money and the house was never finished. I waited two years to see what would happen. The bank's lawyer...

Residence /Non Residence Status (B1 & H1) [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I was on B1 visa during First Quarter (Mar08-Jun08) where my company paid my salary in India. On Aug 02, 2008 I came to US on H1 visa ? As such I have completed 183 days Should I be considered as Residece Or Non-Residence for the Purpose of Tax Filing ?:(

Does a j1 visa holder non residence receive more taxes back than a US residence? [ 6 Answers ]

Last year... my taxes were 1100 dollars(federal + state ),, that is what my w2 showed... I got back 1000 dollars for those 4 months i worked that year... This year my taxes are 4000 dollars (federal + state) that what it shows my w2 and its more money cause i worked 12 months.. right? ...

Indiana laws for making adult children leave your residence. [ 2 Answers ]

My 19 year old step-son moved in with my husband and myself a few months ago. He had a few rules to follow, i.e. no smoking in the house, keeping his job, etc. He did not pay for rent, he did not buy groceries, he didn't pay any household bills, he was out no money except his cologne and gas for...

View more questions Search