Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    missingchloe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2010, 08:51 AM
    Wife left without any notice to 3 states away with our 6month old baby girl.
    I was gone for the weekend to see family in Iowa and the wife did not want to go. I found out why by phone the next day when I called her cell, she did not answer our home phone. Her mom from Oklaholma came and picked her and my baby girl up to move to Oklaholma. She says we need time away but I love both of them a lot. We live in Minnesota. I have a great job and the wife does not work. Not sure what to do, her mom has been married 8 or 9 times so my wife being there is bothering me. She wants me to move closer to her family but mine live in Iowa and yes I have 3 sons in Iowa from my first marriage which I see regularly. She is not coming back until I find a job closer to her mom. My wife says she still loves me but then why would she move without talking to me first. I miss my baby girl so much. Love seeing her laugh and smile. Please give me some good advice.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 18, 2010, 12:25 PM

This is posted under divorce so I am guessing that that is what you are considering.

You need to speak to an Attorney NOW. Can you drag your wife and child back? Probably not. Can you get visitation? Undoubtedly.

If you do nothing will your wife establish residency where she is and sue you there - and you will be forced to answer from another State? Very possibly.

Consult with an Attorney.
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Oct 25, 2010, 06:01 AM

These people that "sneak out" while you are away, or that go away to "visit" a relative and not come back are getting on my last nerve. I hear stories like this one constantly. Immature and cowardly if you ask me. Living far away from your family or support people is really tough, I know that from experience. Especially when you have very young kids, I know that too. But she married you knowing that . It's time for her to step up to the plate, be a real woman, and for you to give her all the assistance and support possible. I know this is not really helpful advice at this point, I just wrote this to say I am sorry and I pray for guidance and wisdom for both of you.
    MrPayne Posts: 62, Reputation: 3

Dec 15, 2010, 01:15 PM
    This is ridiculous! And, what do you mean a court wouldn't make her move back!? Whatttt!? If he, as the father, had decided to up and move while the mom was out of town and take the baby - I guarantee we would have seen him on TV for kidnapping. I think, with an aggressive court battle, something can be done to bring the baby back! That is his child as well and he has rights to spend time with her. This is crazy! Men always get jacked up in these situations!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My husband had a baby in high school and the girl gave the baby up for adoption. [ 2 Answers ]

My husband had a baby in high school the girl gave the baby boy up for adoption in Dec 1979 in glendale AZ. We have five boys and would like to see if we can locate him.

What is penalty for not responding to a civil action notice. Was left a notice [ 13 Answers ]

What is the penalty for not responding to a civil action notice, just a piece of paper left on my door. I call the number and they said they could not deliver it to me the next day so it had to go back to the lawyer. It is one month later and a second notice was in my mail box. Just a piece of...

Tenant just left with no notice [ 2 Answers ]

My tenant appears to have moved out without giving me any notice. He has requested the utilities be turned off. When can I legally enter the property and take possession.

Sister left husband in CA and left state with baby [ 1 Answers ]

Ok this is a big mess and long story so for those of you that read it all thanks. My younger sister just moved back in with me with her 9 month old daughter. It started that she met this guy and got pregnant. They were going to get married and then things started getting really bad so she left...

Tenant left apartment with no notice [ 2 Answers ]

I have a tenant that I have not seen, or heard from in 2 weeks, they are 2 months behind On their rent and a lot of there stuff is still in the apartment and in the hallway. In the state Of Massachusetts do I have the right to enter the apartment and get rid of her stuff, so I Can fix it up. Or...

View more questions Search