Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    camarona1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2010, 06:47 AM
    An a mother who leaves her child with its father be arrested for child abandonment?
    Can a mother who leaves her child with its father be arrested for child abandonment??
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 18, 2010, 08:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by camarona1 View Post
    Can a mother who leaves her child with its father be arrested for child abandonment?????

No. In SOME States if a period goes by with no contact, no support, the father can pursue abandonment charges.

Note - in SOME States.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 19, 2010, 03:41 AM

On a site like this you can save a lot of time by browsing around before asking your question. Had you done so you might have found this sticky note:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/family...st-364259.html
    Which answers your question.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you be arrested in the state of Georgia for child abandonment? Even if you have n [ 5 Answers ]

Can you be arrested in the state of Georgia for child abandonment? Even if you have never even taken a paternity test? I don't even know if the child is mine!! As it may very well be, because I did have unprotected sex with this girl. But, how can a warrant be put out for my arrest solely based on...

Can a father of a child force child support on a mother that gave up the child willing [ 13 Answers ]

While my wife and I were split up she got pregnant ( while on the birth control implant). I myself am fixed ( we didn't want anymore kids) and we couldn't afford to have more kids if wanted them. We thought about giving the child up for adoption but it turns out the father wants the child. He...

Is it abandonment if a mother leaves her child with her father to find work? [ 15 Answers ]

I am currently thinking about going to a different state to find work and hopefully a place to live. I have a 1 year old daughter and I am currently living with her father and his family. The father told me that he doesn't want me to take the child away and I figure that it would be best to leave...

Bio father rights/abandonment of child/child support? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and the father is my ex boyfriend. I reached out to him 3 different times to see how he felt about this and what his interest would be in terms of involvement with his child. He has been quite verbally hostile and told me to die and other choice things. What time frame...

View more questions Search