Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    steveuk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2010, 08:15 AM
    Dell RV620LE_DVI Graphic Card
    Hi
    Main system Dell insperion vista.
    Connected to monitor via VGA , I upgraded my fathers PC to windows 7 ultimate and after the installation had finished, system rebooted, boot seemed to be going fine, then I got a black screen with a cursor flashing in the top left corner and nothing! System just stops booting?

I connected the PC to my set-up via HDMI and it boots fine? Is this a graphic card problem or drivers? Or something else I'm now hitting my head against a brick wall please help.

CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2012, 01:17 PM
    From the research I have done, it appears this is a common issue when upgrading, and the suggestions to solve the problem are traditional troubleshooting in Windows. The culprit in almost all of the cases I read have to do with incompatible drivers and/or hardware. The best bet is to use your own computer to hook this one up to and try to update the display drivers and all other hardware drivers.

I personally use Slimdrivers which is a freeware version of a driver upgrade program.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't find EFI boot manager or shell to reinstall Win7 [ 0 Answers ]

So, for a quick background, I put together a new computer recently. I picked up win 7 and installed it without issue to a 40GB SATA drive. I noticed after getting it set up that there were only a few gigs of space free after the install, so I picked up a 2TB drive, figuring I could just keep...

Toshiba satellite will not boot up (BSoD, black screen)? [ 1 Answers ]

Toshiba satellite will not boot up (BSoD, black screen)? OK, so I did uninstall a few programs and then it was fine for a while. When it automatically locked itself (as it does after a while) it froze. The mouse worked but everything stopped. Ctrl+alt+delete did nothing and so pressed the power...

After windows logo on boot I get black screen and mouse only! [ 2 Answers ]

Well... I have an intel pentium 4 at 2,4 Ghz - 512 ram - asus motherboard pep4 and suddently when I opened my PC once after the windows logo I get a black screen and my mouse pointer! That's it ! I cannot do anything further nothing works even if I log in safe mode. Tried also to repair my windows...

Boot disc failure [ 1 Answers ]

What is the meaning of boot disc failure??

Boot disk failure. [ 3 Answers ]

How to fix this problem? "boot from ATAPI CD-ROM:failure"

View more questions Search