Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2010, 08:01 AM
    Training a kitten to use a litter box
    I got a kitten last week and the previous owner told me she was litter box-trained. I found out that she isn't when she went bathroom twice on the floor.

The first day I brought her home, I immediately took her to the litter box and took her two front pawes and made a sweeping motion with them (like cats do when going bathroom). My kitten sniffed the litter and started to eat it. She then meowed like crazy and tried getting out of my grip. Apparently she doesn't know what a litter box is! Every time I put her in there, she goes right out.

So yesterday, I confined her in a pet carrier with the litter in a piece of tupperware (big enough for her). I will not let her out until she uses the litter box. I'm thinking that she won't want to sleep in her own feces so she will go in the litter box Will she learn this way?

Check out some similar questions!

Kitten pees in and outside the litter box [ 7 Answers ]

I have a 5 month old kitten that will use the litter box 90% of the time but 3 times a week she will pee behind the washing machine less then 3 feet away. She will always poop in the box but pee sometimes behind the washing machine. Could this be stress? I'm a total loss. Please help... any...

Litter Box Training a Chihuahua [ 6 Answers ]

Hi there, So I took the suggestions of some folks here. I'm going to try litter box training my girl. She's almost 1 1/2 years old. I've tried everything else, and it all has seemed to work for maybe a month or two, and then back to the carpet she goes. So, I'm hoping this will work. I got...

Kitten with litter box problems [ 1 Answers ]

I have a kitten who is coming up on 15 weeks old. We trained him to use the litter box and we have seen him use it. Our problem is this: He KNOWS how to use the litter box but apparently refuses to do so unless he wants to. We are finding piles all over our home and he is the ONLY one not...

Kitten does not understand use of litter box [ 2 Answers ]

Two days ago, I took in a kitten that was meowing outside my window. I fed her well and she quickly adapted to my household which contains three other, older cats and a sick dog. No problems there. By yesterday, they were all good buddies. My problem is that she will not use a litter box and...

Kitten peep next to her litter box [ 3 Answers ]

Dear Sir/Madame, I really need some help before going to spend hundreds of hundreds dollar to have a kitten's trainer come in and train my lovely white kitten. My 4 months old kitten will peep next to her litter box where she poop inside. I mean she will poop inside her litter box however, she...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.