Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kiimm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2010, 07:48 AM
    Is there any way to get vitiligo
    I am a girl and I am 15 years old, I would love to have that
    pale white skin
    , I have been searching for creams that can make me pale or cause vitiligo but I read that if you use them on normal skin you might get blotches on your skin and the color will come back after awhile (darker than your own skin color), It would be really helpful if some of you share your experience with me and tell me how to achieve this particular skin, I know I sound so shallow but I find this skin color so beautiful, and I would love to have it.. my dad got vitiligo two years ago, first he got a dry patch on his foot, my mother told him "You should go to the doctor honey.." and he said "We dont need to, I know which cream to use!" and so he was stubborn and did as he wished, he used some cream which prevented the dryness of the skin, it was some ordinary cream, not anything which could cause vitiligo, but somehow he got it, that little dry patch was now a pale spot, and that's when he was worried too, then of course he went to the clinic and the doctor told him it might be caused due to some allergic reaction with that cream, can I get vitiligo naturally because my father has it? Or is it really due to some allergic reaction.. (PS-Please don't forget to mention some creams which can lighten the skin perfectly and yes, share your personal experience, I would be more than happy! Thank you so much)
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Oct 19, 2010, 08:26 AM
    I will put it down to your age as the reason why you have asked such a question. I know people who have vitiligo who would love to have even skin, and they would certainly not wish it onto anyone else. Some of them have a really hard time tryng to disguise the patches and find it distressing when people stare. Please do not wish this condition on yourself hun. At the age you are now, the best advice I would personally give is to invest in protecting yourself from the sun. You really don't want to be putting any kind of chemicals on your young skin and end up regretting it later. Eating a healthy diet and regular exercise all contribute to helping achieve good overall skin condition.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 19, 2010, 09:15 AM

Kiimm, this is what vitiglio actually looks like.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What to do with my vitiligo [ 1 Answers ]

I didn't try mono yet but confused weather try it on my vitiligo or nt because its last thing I didn't try.my vitiligo is not intensive bt didn't get my color back even tried surgerical treatments. I get my first spot at the age of 4 in 1984. Now thinking about depigmentation treatments. Because I...

Vitiligo and tanning [ 7 Answers ]

I have Vitiligo on about 40% of my body (for those of you who don't know, it means that those areas are without pigmentation). I would like to walk around with a nice, deep tan (I live in Florida). Could you recommend any skin stains and such that I could use, which would last a long time? ...

A vitiligo patient wants the rest of her skin to acquire vitiligo [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I'm a 19 years old female. I have acquired viligo since I was 6 years old. And since then it started spreading all over my body(face, hands, legs.. ). Now more than 50% of my body is white while the other part is still patched. Is there any way in which I could help vitiligo spread over the...

Vitiligo [ 2 Answers ]

How can my sister permanently hide a vitiligo spreading the lower lip.Lipsticks easily washes off... she can't let anyone french kiss her as she tries to hide the spots.Has anyone dealt with this before!

Vitiligo [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: hiya, I've been 2 doctors an speaclists an I have bin diagnosed with vitiligo but the problem is that I haven't just gone white in paches I have also gone darker so the treatment they were going to do they now can not I was told the only real thing that can help me is my own body...

View more questions Search