Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikhelle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2010, 07:23 PM
    My dog won't eat or drink what do I do
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Oct 17, 2010, 07:27 PM

How long has your dog not been eating or drinking for? Has something happened? Life style change, spay or other surgery, injury etc?

Has she been exhibiting any other symptoms, such as diarrhea or vomiting or being lethargic? What have you tried now to help her eat? What are you feeding her?

With out having any other specific details, it's hard to offer an opinion, but of course if you are concerned about the health and life of your pet, you need to seek professional medical advice.
    KoolAide187 Posts: 94, Reputation: 21

Oct 17, 2010, 08:11 PM
    If a dog won't eat their normal food you have been feeding them and it's been long enough they should have ate already and still haven't then you need to take your dog to the vet. There is multiple possibilities that it could be but first that comes to my mind is parvo.
    KoolAide187 Posts: 94, Reputation: 21

Nov 1, 2010, 01:30 PM
    Comment on dontjudge's post
    I hope you're not referring to me. If so you can re-read my post where I said it's very possible it's parvo... Now if you have some magical home remedy to cure it go for it. The vets tend to have medicine for that kind of problem though.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Nov 1, 2010, 03:21 PM

Dontjudge, we do not diagnose animals (or people) on this website. Could you imagine the law suites if we did?

We all volunteer our time here, and we pride ourselves on giving accurate and helpful advice. Would you rely on searching the web for a diagnosis for your loved animals?
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2010, 05:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dontjudge View Post
    wow did you go to college to learn to tell someone to go to a vet? I'm sick and tired of reading people pleeding for help for their beloved pets ans so many idiots say take it to a vet. You dont think they know that. Their asking you that question because they played the vet card(either they have or can't afford, dont judge someone else) Try and subjective and not judgemental and give some answers.
    So what's your advice? Or did you just come here to be an idiot?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 1, 2010, 05:47 PM
    wow did you go to college to learn to tell someone to go to a vet? I'm sick and tired of reading people pleeding for help for their beloved pets ans so many idiots say take it to a vet. You dont think they know that. Their asking you that question because they played the vet card(either they have or can't afford, dont judge someone else) Try and subjective and not judgemental and give some answers.
    I find it interesting that you just joined, yet you find a post where you feel you have the right to judge, and your username is "dontjudge".

The fact is, we can't give a diagnosis over the internet. A vet can't even do that. There are tests that have to be done, and we can't do them on the internet, can you?

We don't guess here. If you want to guess and risk the life of someone's pet, do it somewhere else because that's not something we allow here.

My spider senses are tingling. Time to ask the mods if this is a case of alias abuse.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 1, 2010, 05:59 PM

They were issued a warning for Juv posts.
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2010, 06:23 PM
    Sometimes people are not sure. It's a very scary thing for people who love their animals to have them sick. Some can't afford the vet, so they need to have someone tell them that it is necessary to go now.

I had a pup that I spent $200.00 on to find out he was fine. I would always ask first at this point.

Being ignorant is not being stupid:) At least that's what I have always believed.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 1, 2010, 06:30 PM

Interesting, dontjudge has but one post and says he is sick and tired of people doing a certain thing. Sometimes people need to be told that their issue is very serious and should be taken to a vet, they just need to hear that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dog won't eat or drink and is only slightly playful what do I do [ 2 Answers ]

My 18 month old american staffy has all of a sudden this afternoon started throwing up and now he won't eat or drink anything I have tried all his favourites and he normally will do anything for food but he is just sniffing it and not opening his mouth for it or he gets it in but spits it like he...

My dog won't eat or drink and is falling down when he tries to walk [ 4 Answers ]

Our old Lab pet has been acting strange now for quite a while (standing and just stareing, coughing, wobbling, bladder leaking, etc.). We thought it was just signs old old age (he's 13) but last night he suddenly couldn't walk without falling all over the place. He made a mess (bowel movement) on...

My dog won't eat nor drink water,he 5 mth old pup! [ 4 Answers ]

He is usually very hyper,but now he won't play or do much,has diarrea and has been throwing up,he is usually very active but now he just not interested!

My dog won't eat or drink not active [ 4 Answers ]

My dog is wiener dog and for a day or two now he won't eat or drink anything and he don't want to play with my kids and we have his sister here and she is just fine she is eating and drinking and playing with my kids and I don't know what's wrong and my vet won't answer his phone. Someone please...

My dog won't drink or eat ANYTHING (isnt active either) [ 7 Answers ]

I have a dog that used to jump, bite and run, but now it seems like he is weak for some reason. He doesn't run like he used to. I give him food and water but he doesn't eat or drink it neither. He has vomit once and this other time was trying to vomit but couln't get it out. I feel like I'm doing...

View more questions Search