Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sharon6814 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2010, 05:27 PM
    On my 4 panel garage door when I open or close it the center brace looks like it drop
    My 4 panel garage door,when I open or close it the center brace, causes the second panel from the top to bind. I have lubed all the rollers. Help
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2010, 06:44 PM

Explain how the center brace is causing door to bind.

Is door hitting rails when moving? Should have 1/2 inch space each side from door to rail. If not adjust rail.

Chuck
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 18, 2010, 03:24 PM
    Is it a wooden door? If only 1 panel hits the track(center brace)? It sounds like it is warped. Sometimes the top panel will bind if the door connector is set too low. Same for steel doors, some of the light doors will bend in a heavy wind. Look across the panel and see if it bows in the middle.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Garage door opener won't open w/ remote, but it does close it, why ? Thanks [ 2 Answers ]

I do have a Craftsman 41A4315-7D. The garage door opener does not open with the remote, but it does close it with the remote. I do not understand why. It is the same button to open or close. The gate does work properly when I operate it from the wall : it opens and close normally, but I could...

Garage Door Wobble when open and close [ 2 Answers ]

Lately, I noticed that my garage door wobble a lot when it open and close what is wrong? Are there anything I can do before call the expert? Liana.

Garage door won't open w/remote unless very close [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old Stanley garage door with a remote control garage door opener. The remote openers (regardless if built into the car or the original ones that came with the opener) no longer open the garage door unless they are very close to the garage door itself. Any ideas on what it might be?

Garage door wiil close but not open [ 2 Answers ]

Our garage door challenger photo sense model p1534 will close with switch but will not open what's wrong?

Garage door will close but not open with wall switch [ 3 Answers ]

Our garage door is a challenger photo sense model p1534. It will close with the wall switch but will not open and the light blicks on and off, nothing is blocking the sensors is there a reset buttom for th sensor our the whole unit. We can figure out why will it close but would not open.. HELP!

View more questions Search