Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    UntilTheEnd Posts: 35, Reputation: 3

Oct 17, 2010, 11:57 AM
    I'm really tired...
    Hi guys, I'm just really tired and I don't have any motivation in life. There is absolutely nothing good going on in my life and I feel like I'm going to break soon. I don't have friends, a girlfriend, I don't feel like studying, my career isn't going where I want it to go. I just don't feel like there's a reason to look forward to a new day or wake up from bed in the morning to go to school. I just don't know what to do anymore. I just need some sort of a sign to keep me going. I feel like I fail in everything I do.

Any advice will do.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2010, 12:20 PM

For starters, how old are you? Have you had a physical check up to make certain there is nothing physically wrong?
    MichelleLee111 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2010, 02:02 PM
    You sound very depressed. Perhaps you should see a doctor and maybe get on some antidepressants. (if you're an adult as they are not good for teens).

Also make a decision to change your mind. Your life doesn't have to change only your opinion of it. Get some exercise, even going for a walk and change your thinking by making yourself focus on what you are grateful for. We all have a purpose in life you just haven't found yours yet.

You are valued and loved. Focus on that.

Oct 17, 2010, 04:22 PM

Thank you for your replies. I am 21 years old and I'm in university right now. I do get enough exercise I work out at least twice a week. Im not sure if it's the stress of exams coming up or anything but nothing good ever seems to happen me and I have been feeling this way for quite a long time now. Its sort of on and off. I just don't know what to do.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 17, 2010, 04:36 PM

You say your career isn't going in the right direction. Would you rather be somewhere else, and not at uni?

If you could do one thing tomorrow -- something that would give you great pleasure, what would that be?

Oct 17, 2010, 09:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    You say your career isn't going in the right direction. Would you rather be somewhere else, and not at uni?

If you could do one thing tomorrow -- something that would give you great pleasure, what would that be?
    Im trying to prepare for my career and get good exp while studying. I've applied to multiple places that would give me very good exp and a competitve edge once I graduate, however it doesn't seem like ill be getting the position.

And that's the thing, I have lots of places where I rather be but no matter how hard I try, I'm not getting anywhere. I just really confused and tired of life as it is. I know if I don't work towards it, ill never achieve it but the thing is I've worked so hard for everything and there is no result.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 17, 2010, 09:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by UntilTheEnd View Post
    I've applied to multiple places
    Why are you applying now?
    if I don't work towards it, ill never achieve it but the thing is I've worked so hard for everything and there is no result.
    The only thing you have to work for right now is getting good grades in college and passing courses. THAT'S ALL.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 17, 2010, 09:17 PM

It's no wonder you feel like you do! You are going about this all wrong!

Oct 17, 2010, 09:26 PM
    Why are you applying now?

The only thing you have to work for right now is getting good grades in college and passing courses. THAT'S ALL.
    Oh. Im just trying to prepare for the future. Im trying to be a police officer and that's a competitive field. I feel like I need to start preparing right now so when I finish school, I can be prepared for the application process.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 17, 2010, 09:28 PM
    oh. Im just trying to prepare for the future. Im trying to be a police officer and thats a competitive field. I feel like i need to start preparing right now so when i finish school, i can be prepared for the application process.
    So how are you preparing for the application process now?

You have ONE job right now.
    dachskymoon Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Oct 17, 2010, 09:30 PM
    You know you sound like a real good person working there butt off to better yourself you it might seem endless and not worth it . In the end you will have all you want and need a girl friend and friends would just slow you down and be a distraction. So be thankfull really you don't have all the confussion of dramma. Time passes slowly but yet so fast soon tomorrow will be your pass .You can do it chin up you will be okay.Sharon your break will come were there's a will there's away.

Oct 17, 2010, 09:34 PM
    So how are you preparing for the application process now?

You have ONE job right now.
    I know school is my main job right now but I've applied places as a security guard for part time, applied to the police station as a volunteer worker, trying to learn different languages, on top of that, studying, trying to deal with student loan issues, trying hard to work on my music. I just feel worned out and tired that I'm not actually getting anywhere in life. Plus I'm not very social, don't have many friends, not in a relationship etc.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 17, 2010, 09:36 PM
    I know school is my main job right now but
    BUT?? No, school is my main job PERIOD.

What classes are you taking? How are you doing in them?

Oct 17, 2010, 09:43 PM
    BUT???? No, school is my main job PERIOD.

What classes are you taking? How are you doing in them?
    Well, classes just started, but so far I don't think ill do really good, for I am behind in all my readings and the midterms are coming up and I am not one bit prepared. So I don't think ill do too well.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 17, 2010, 09:55 PM

So why haven't you been keeping up in school? No one will hire you later if your grades are poor or if you fail.

Is it worth it to do well now in school, or at least do your best?

School is your FIRST responsibility.

Do you cut class? Do you do the homework assignments?

Oct 17, 2010, 10:27 PM

Well, I try my best to keep up but I never cut class and I'm doing my best to catch up with the readings. Im just trying to prepare for the future, I guess I got to prioritize school more.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 17, 2010, 10:31 PM

You are like a woodcutter standing in front of a huge forest full of thousands of trees. He knows all the trees have to be cut down. He runs into the forest and touches a tree. "I have to cut this one down." Then he runs to another tree and says, "I have to cut this one down." He runs to his left to another tree. "I have to cut this one down." He zigzags to his left again and says, "I have to cut this tree down." Two hours later, he collapses in the middle of the forest, exhausted. "I'm so weak. I'm so tired. I have no strength to cut down any of these trees."

What should the woodcutter have done in the beginning?

Oct 17, 2010, 10:34 PM

He should start cutting the first tree he sees? But what does that mean in terms of my situation?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 17, 2010, 10:37 PM
    he should start cutting the first tree he sees? but what does that mean in terms of my situation?
    I thought up and wrote that story just for you -- that's YOUR story. Think about it. How is that your story?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 17, 2010, 10:55 PM

Now I'm the one who's really tired. It's nearly 1 a.m. here in Chicagoland.

You're turning over a new leaf today. You're not going to cut classes, and you're going to do readings and homework. School is your top priority now. I will allow you to eat and drink and use the washroom, but otherwise, think SCHOOL.

I will expect a report from you by midnight Monday. And, by the way, forget the video game playing and other useless activities until after exams. School is the TOP priority. Don't make me drive over there and sit outside your door.

Good night.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am always tired, what vits can I take which will help me feel better and less tired [ 1 Answers ]

I feel tired all the time, don't seem to have an energy and always seem to be ill if there is flu going around I pick it up. I can't exercise as much as I use to and I am still tired.

Always tired [ 6 Answers ]

I sleep about 9-12 hour a night. I am still tired. I am on Prozac and Depo Prevera. I am not on any special diet. I'm 23. Are some people just sleepy? Could it be because I have poor quality sleep? Could I be depressed and not realize it? Any ideas?

It's just so tired of it all [ 15 Answers ]

Dear all, I think this post is more a me attempting to vent than anything else. Just need to get this story out of me I suppose to some people who've also had their own ups and downs. The story really boils down to this. 1. Dance Partner fell in love with me. 2. I fell in love with dance...

I am tired! [ 9 Answers ]

OK I am now 35 weeks and I want to know if anyone has any ways to go into labor early... now I don't want to just yet but I am getting close and in the next 3 weeks and I just need some ideas... please help me I am so tired and can't do much I feel big and blaaaaa... please let me know or if any...

View more questions Search