Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LCunningham Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2007, 10:21 AM
    Water flow is slow in washing machine
    Is there a filter on a washing machine. The water flow is very slow on my Maytag. I have checked the water valve to make sure it is turned on all the way. I have also made sure there aren't any kinks in the hose.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Sep 7, 2009, 11:58 AM
    Hi all:

I noticed someone reading this today so thought I would answer it real quick so the next person that finds it will know the answer.

In fact there are small screens installed at most washing machine valves so that if you find there is a decreased flow to the washing machine you will want to shut off the water supply and remove the hoses to reveal the screens. Look inside the washing machine valve itself... not the shutoff valve, but the washing machine valve connected to the washing machine... that is where the screens will be.

Remove the screens and clean as needed. You may find the screens are incorporated into washers... if so, use a pair of pliers to grab them and then clean and replace, etc...

Lastly, some washing machine hoses come with screened washers so be sure to check in the ends of all hoses to be sure these are clear as well!

Just FYI for all readers in the future...

MARK

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Slow washing machine drain [ 2 Answers ]

My washing machine drain will overflow when doing laundry. I have already tried to snake it. An electric snake will not go through. But I can get a manual snake to pass. However, the drain still overflows. What can I do?

No water in washing machine [ 3 Answers ]

Washing machine was working an no water comes in. Anyone explain this?

No water to washing machine [ 1 Answers ]

When we try to run our Smeg washing machine we get an error message that there is no water supply. However, the pipes are all clear and the water is flowing (and the filters are clean). We were told that the circuit board needed replacing. Is there not just some way I could re-set the machine? ...

No water in washing machine! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi My washing machine was working fine, its Simpson Esprit 700, heavy duty. But from last 2 days it can't get any water from hose when I turn it on.I hear the motor is running and there is water on the tap and the hose is not clogged.For some reason the machine is unable to get water inside. Any...

No hot water in the washing machine [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: The hot and cold lines leading into the washer are OK, but for some reason the washer only runs cold. Not warm or hot? What could be the problem?

View more questions Search