Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LaughingMan Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2010, 01:29 AM
    Temporary distorted vision
    I've been having problems with my vision recently, with some short term distortion of my vision, that's kind of hard to explain.
    Sometimes it'll seem like things are bouncing, but most of the time, it seems like my eyes are trying to look at two different things, while tilting at the same time... that's not exactly it, but it's hard to articulate, and that's the best I can do :/
    Sometimes if I shake my head, it'll stop, but it really is a hassle when I'm driving, or walking...
    Also, I don't know what kind of doctor I should see about this, or... anything pertaining to this, really.
    Please help me gather information on this.

-zack
    KoolAide187 Posts: 94, Reputation: 21

Oct 17, 2010, 01:31 AM
    I'd just go see a regular eye doctor about this. I am sure they would know the most about it and if it had further complications such as something to do with your inner balance and nervous system he could send you to a regular doctor.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 17, 2010, 01:49 AM

Do you know if you have high blood pressure? HTN can cause these symptoms as well.

Oct 17, 2010, 04:27 AM
    Comment on J_9's post
    The last time I saw a doctor, I had high blood pressure, though these symptoms have been going on for a good while longer, so there's no way for me to know if that has anything to do with it yet, I'm trying to find a doctor for Monday.thank you!

Oct 17, 2010, 04:30 AM
    Comment on KoolAide187's post
    A regular eye doctor meaning optometrist? I assumed it is something to do with my nervous system due to damage in my cervical spine area, though I also assumed the damage was too minor to cause problems. Shows what I know -.-
    Thank you!

Oct 17, 2010, 04:32 AM
    Also, I'm kind of scared it might be caused by a developing brain tumor, since some people in my family had them. I could just be overly paranoid though.
    KoolAide187 Posts: 94, Reputation: 21

Oct 17, 2010, 05:33 AM
    It would be best to catch it early then if they run in the family. Definitely go right away. Vision being impaired is a scary thought.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Oct 18, 2010, 09:38 AM

You need to make an appointment with an Ophthalmologist and if it's a separate issue they will refer you to the appropriate doctor. But J_9 is right, this could be very serious. You need to make an appointment immediately.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is any temporary hair dye REALLY temporary? [ 7 Answers ]

My hair is a really nice golden blond color and it's in really good condition, especially considering it's colored, long and curly. I'd like to go dark but only for a short while, as I really love the color I have and have gone through A lot to get it this way. If I use a temporary dye, will it...

Distorted website [ 1 Answers ]

My website is distorted on IE. Items in cart appears under heading. Empty space appears where there should be flashing photo. It works in Firefox. I don't know if it is just my computer, or many others. My sister is having the same problem with my site.

What is the difference between digital camera vision system and strobe vision system? [ 3 Answers ]

What is the difference between digital camera vision system and strobe vision system?

License revoked tdue to temporary double vision (head injury) [ 2 Answers ]

My brother was in a 4 wheeler accident last week and as a result of having a head injury, he has double vision, which is less and less every day. He is at a rehabilitation hospital until next Thursday, but today the therapist said she is going to have his license revoked due to his occasional...

Temporary distorted vision [ 2 Answers ]

I have had a small number of instances in the recent past of distorted vision. The episode would last for approx 3-5 minutes. On the last occasion it was particularly severe. I was sitting down having breakfast so it did not cause a problem. It involved a breakdown in what I saw in front of me....

View more questions Search