Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mouse8 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2010, 11:55 PM
    My girlfriend has split up with me, how do I get her back?
    Im gay and I have been with my girlfriend ( Sarah) for 2years, we had a break of 7 months when I split up with her because I couldn't see where 'we' were going. This really upset her and she text me lots but then it stopped, I was seeing someone else which was a crap relationship. I was always thinking about Sarah and eventually I just text her saying hi, did she want to meet up, she was understandably cautious but 'we' saw each other a few times then all the feelings came back and 'we' got back together. That was 14 months ago. She has never told anyone she is gay and in a relationship. She started uni in September and hated it to start with so I was as supportive as I could be but encouraging her to stick with it. Soon she started to love it and became distant within like 2 weeks she's broken up with me. She said she doesn't know how to balance everything. Meaning she can't ever see herself telling her family about us, she has only told a few people at uni she is gay. She said she felt like she was lots of different people. She says that she understands now how I felt and she understands just how crap I am feeling now. I started by being upset and telling her I would wait for her and I loved her etc etc, then I sent a text saying I agreed with the break up and sorry I was all emotional and that it's given me time to make changes in my life, to try to give her space. We text a bit but really it's just me asking a question that she answers because I'm missing her! What should I do now?
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2010, 01:11 AM

FYI Stop texting and start talking.
    Its called communication!
    Try it!
    Mouse8 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2010, 03:01 AM
    Comment on artlady's post
    You are spot on with that. Texting is pants! Why am I so stupid. Do you think I should leave her alone altogether though?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 17, 2010, 10:06 AM

Yes you should leave her alone to find herself, because its obvious she isn't ready for a healthy, adult relationship, and won't be for quite some time.

She has a lot of growing to do, so let her.
    Annalyse Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Nov 20, 2010, 12:36 AM
    I think you should follow your heart if you really love her you'll do what is right!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend wants to split, but still loves me and wants to continue contact? [ 8 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been together for over 5 years. We have not lived together yet. Recently, she has had these feelings that she wants to be independent from me. Several times now she has moved on those feelings, asking/telling me that she wants to go on a break. Each time she did that,...

We were engaged, but we split. He has another girl now, will he ever come back to me? [ 3 Answers ]

My fiancé and I split nearly 2 weeks ago he said he had to go and sort his head out he did it when I was away the last night we spent together he said he loved me and still wants to be with me all e did was kiss and cuddle me all the time. E went and his mum said it was over then she said that...

Split with girlfriend of 4 years and a beautiful baby girl! [ 39 Answers ]

Hi my girlfriend of 4 years recently broke up with me after saying she was unhappy for months as we never talked about our problems and in the end she just had enough and wanted out. I am devastated and have asked her for another chance but she told me that she thinks it will go back to how it was...

My girlfriend split up with me as she doesn't think we will get married & have kids! [ 98 Answers ]

Dear All, I have recently discovered this site through searching the net on break ups. I am from England am 25, and was going out with a beautiful 26 yr old, 15months older than me. We met about a year ago, clicked brilliantly, like the same things, are both chilled out, seemed like all was...

My Girlfriend wants us to split after four years. [ 2 Answers ]

Hey people, I've got a really bad problem. My girlfriend wants to split up with me after four years. The problem is, is that we live together, we're both 20 and both finished our first years at uni. We live in leicester, but are originally from stoke on trent. She wants to split which means I will...

View more questions Search