Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lvh_w Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2010, 08:27 PM
    I am wondering if the new pills could be causing all this or if I could still be pregnant
    I had my PAP on Aug 24th. At that time the NP told me I was ovulating and to make sure I use protection if I don't want to get pregnant for the next few days. I was going back on the pill but had to wait for my next period to start them. Unfortunately, my husband and I had unprotected sex the next night. I had a somewhat heavier period about two weeks later at the beginning of Sept. When my period came just last week, it was one day late and VERY light which is not normal for me. My period lasted for four days but was almost nothing. I have also been experiencing headaches, cramps in my back, stomach, and upper legs horribley, nausea, heartburn, bloating, gas, and difficulty getting comfortable at bedtime. I have also been very emotional lately and have been crying a lot. I took took tests five days apart and both were negative. I am wondering if the new pills could be causing all this or if I could still be pregnant after two negative tests? If I am pregnant it would be from Aug 25 and I would over 7 weeks now and can't believe that wouldn't show up on a test
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2010, 11:49 PM

I hope you understand what being a parent involves.Go to a doctor and have a good conversation about your options.

Oct 17, 2010, 12:55 PM
    Comment on artlady's post
    I do understand what being a parent involves seeing as I have a 15 month old. I am not ready to have another child yet but if I am pregnant I will be more than accepting.

Oct 17, 2010, 12:58 PM
    Comment on joypulv's post
    I was on sprintec for a year and ran out and had to get a pap to get a new script. I ran out in mid July, had pap on aug 24th, unprotected sex on aug 25th and I am pretty sure I was ovulating at the time. I am now on orthotricyclin low.

Oct 17, 2010, 01:00 PM
    Comment on joypulv's post
    I have taken orthotricyclin before but not low. I have never had a pill give me these symptoms though. I do have a 15 m/o son by the way. I got on sprintec after he was borrn and let myself run out.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 17, 2010, 01:31 PM

Pregnancy is possible. When you took the pregnancy tests did you use first morning urine?

This could also be because of the new pills.

I would go back to your doctor, tell him/her what's going on and see if you can a more definite answer. Sadly we can't tell you for sure what's going on, we can only guess.

Oct 17, 2010, 06:21 PM
    Comment on Altenweg's post
    Thank you. I am planning on talking to the health department tomorrow which is where I got my pills. I hope I can get someone to do a blood test just to ease my mind. And no I did not use the first morning urine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1 Positive pregnant Test, 3 negative pregnant Tests, and 2 weeks late [ 13 Answers ]

I took a HPT the day after my missed period and it was positive. It was a digital first response. The next week I took 3 more tests and all were negative. I still have symptoms and I am now 2 weeks late on my period. I have a doctor's visit scheduled for the day that I would be 4 weeks late. ...

I am wondering am I pregnant [ 45 Answers ]

Ok lately I have been sleepy and I haven't had my period in over a month now today 6/16/09 will make my 45th day and I am wondering what could be going on and I was sexual active I took 1 home prenacy test and I went to the obgyn and the health depart meant and they where all negative what could it...

Really confused pregnant. Or not pregnant. [ 2 Answers ]

OK so I'm really confused.. I remember having a period mid week of Jan. I didn't have a period for the month of Feb. I'm normally regular and have a 28-30 day cycle. I have unprotected sex for the months of Jan and Feb. today March 17 I noticed there was light tan brown on the tissue I used. I've...

View more questions Search