Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tuaca001 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2004, 06:39 AM
    Word 2003 slow down
    I use XP Pro and Office 2003. After I completed a Windows Update and all patches completed Word 2003 runs like a dog for a couple of minutes. I can hear my hard drive working when I bring up a Word doc and delays affect my mouse movement until something times out and releases it. This goes on consistently every time I open a Word doc. It does will stop after a while but I can count on it to do it again at any time. What is up?
    UKchap Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2005, 03:07 AM
    Any Luck?
    I see that this prob was around over a year ago..
    Did you ever sort it out?
    Brandlc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2006, 09:49 AM
    Check your Office startup folder. I had two template files in there which I didn't recognise - possibly to do with dictation software. I removed them so Word just loads using Normal.dot very quickly whereas before it took about 1 minute
    kalmadrrei Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2010, 05:36 AM
    Form me the solution deleting the possibly corrupt normal.dot in your profile solved the problem, but I quote the source for further solutions: http://word.tips.net/Pages/T001328_Word_Slow_to_Open_Documents.html

Kalmarandras

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No W2 for 2003 [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Tax Expert, I came to US on H1 in 2003 Sept, and was on bench till 2004 Mar. Employer did not pay for me and did not send me W2. I did not file tax returns either. In 2004 joined another company and started employment and have filed Tax returns for 2004 & 2005 proptly. Would it cause any...

Word 2000, Outlook 2003: My keyboard unexpectedly begins typing gibberish. [ 1 Answers ]

For example, when I type "several years," what appears on the screen is "o.k.pan f.apo". I don't understand why or when this occurs, except that it may occur inconsistently after I've been writing something for longer than a few minutes. Usually, I have to save my work and reboot to...

MS Word 2003: Bullet Shortcut [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, Normally to create bullets I just type an asterik at the start of my paragraph. When I go down to the next line, word replaces this asterik with a bullet for me and indents the paragraph accordingly. Trouble is that I seem to have hit a key combination that has turned this shortcut...

MS Word - multiple instances of the same word? [ 1 Answers ]

In MS Word, is there a way to highlight a section of text and get some sort of read on which words appear the most often? Thanks Paul

Adding a word and its meaning to Word Dictionary [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I know how to add a word to the existing system dictionary in MS Office 2002. Now I need to know how to add a meaning to the new word which I added into the dictionary. Can anyone suggest the procedure. Thanks in advance. SAI

View more questions Search