Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    helpplease1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2010, 05:49 PM
    Replaced a hot water tank, turned the pump on and the water is bypassing the pressure tank. The pressure tank will not fill up and the pump remains on and will not shut off. We do get water though but needs to shut off the pump so it will not burn out. Any thoughts? Thank you

Any ideas will be helpful on troubleshooting this issue.. I appreciate the assistance. Thank you
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 16, 2010, 09:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by helpplease1 View Post
    replaced a hot water tank, turned the pump on and the water is bypassing the pressure tank. The pressure tank will not fill up and the pump remains on and will not shut off. We do get water though but needs to shut off the pump so it will not burn out. Any thoughts? Thank you

Any ideas will be helpful on troubleshooting this issue..I appreciate the assistance. Thank you
    Before we go any further are we talking about a bladder tank or a galvanized pressure tank? (see images) Neither tank will "fill up" if they're working correctly. If on a pressure tank then shut the system off at the breaker box and drain the pressure tank. Now pressure back up.
    If you're on a bladder tank shut the system down and open a cold water faucet to relieve the pressure. Now charge the bladder tank with a PSI setting of two PSI UNDER the cut in point of the control box.
    Let me know how it goes. Tom
    Attached Images

helpplease1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2010, 10:09 AM
    Thank you very much Tom... will go and try this. I really really appreciate your assistance. Will be back in touch shortly...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low water pressure from hot water tank [ 8 Answers ]

I drained my water supply when fitting new bathroom suite I have turn the mains water back on but I am not getting any pressure from the hot water taps the cold is fine

Too much water pressure in house from hot water tank [ 16 Answers ]

Hot water seems to be putting pressure back into my house plumbing system.I have heard that a exspansion tank would help.What are my options,where should I buy this tank and how should it be installed. Thanks ...

Does the pressure from the hot water tank effect the pressure of the cold water? [ 2 Answers ]

We have very low water pressure at our kitchen sink from both the cold and hot water faucets, but no problem with the water pressure to the bathroom or washer. The cold water tank is closest to the kitchen and the hot water heater is near the bathroom and washer. Someone told my roommate that there...

Dip Tube replaced due to flakes in water, how to clean out hot water tank? [ 1 Answers ]

We have the issue where we are getting plastic flakes in our water, which stop up the water flow at the faucet. We did some research and found it was most likely caused by the dip tube being eroded, and we had it replaced with our home warranty. However, the repairmen who installed the new...

New hot water tank installed, loss of water pressure [ 1 Answers ]

After the installation of a new hot water tank, we have less pressure which is only noticeable when trying to fill the tub. Any ideas? Thank you.

View more questions Search