Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Arvindtn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2007, 07:04 AM
    NRE / NRO Account - Taxation?
    Hi,

Iam currently working in UK from Dec 2006 and my period of stay is uncertain. Iam here on a work permit. In my organisation this was treated as a transfer from my company operating in India to my company operating in UK hence I had been removed from my Indian Payroll and I am currently in my UK Payroll.

The issue is I am not a NRI as my period of stay is less than 182days for this current financial year. I have taken a housing loan in India and I need to ensure that my savings account is sufficiently funded to honour my Housing Loan EMI's under these circumstance what kind of account should I open is it NRO / NRE to transfer money from my UK Bank Account to India without attracting any tax in India?

Iam currently paying my taxes in the form of TDS in UK.

Thanks & Regards
    Arvind T N
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 2, 2007, 07:24 AM
    Arvind:

Do not take this wrong, but I haven't the slightest idea about what you are discussing.

This is a forum that discusses tax issues within the United States, not the United Kingdom or India. While there may be someone who can answer your question, I have yet to see anyone with tax expertise in the UK post to this site.

Suggest you try another forum.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Double Taxation [ 1 Answers ]

How does double taxation of corporate income occur.

Taxation of foreign contractors [ 1 Answers ]

How do I tax foreign contractors working from outside the US for a US Corporation? How do I show it in the books?

Taxation on bank interest [ 5 Answers ]

My brother is a nonresident alien. Has a bank account in u.s bearing interest. Interest income which is exempt in part to IRS regs and treaty. He recently became ill and requested me, a u.s. citizen, to become joint owner of his account. All interest income is to be used by him. My question is are...

Double taxation [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a US citizen of Indian origin. I am working in the US and hold non-qualified stock options (of my company which is co-headquared out of the US and India). If I now go and settle (long term) in India, and exercise my options, will I be liable to paying any taxes in the US? (I...

Taxation [ 1 Answers ]

Does higher taxation mean better standard of living? Justification is required.

View more questions Search