Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    raah19 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2010, 01:24 PM
    Recent cdl-a graduate w/felony seeking an opportunity w/trucking company.
    I'm a recent cdl-a graduate who asks for a 2nd chance to be a productive person of society. My conviction was 20 years ago and seek anopportunity with trucking companies who are willing to hire a recent cdl-a graduate with a felony on his record. What major carriers are giving ex-felons a 2nd opportunity?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2010, 06:41 PM

Check out some of the major companies such as Werner, Mercer Transportation, Landstar, Swift, CR England for example.
    Many will consider an applicant if the felony was from a long time ago (time frames will very but often 7-10 years at least). It can also depend on what the felony conviction was for.

Do you have OTR experience? If not, the major companies won't consider you. Most will be looking for at least a year of experience so you may have to find a local, smaller company to get started with, that still moves some interstate loads, or consider teaming at first to gain the experience necessary.

You can check ads in your local newspaper, online classifies, or do some searching online for local companies where you live.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cdl training if you have a felony [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I am trying to find a good school to get my cdl to drive trucks. The problem I have had is I have a felony that is 7 years old. Some schools say it has to be 10 years old. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

-Do trucking companies still send people to CDL school and pay for it?- [ 1 Answers ]

I want to get my foot in the door as an OTR driver but I want a guarantee that a job will be there when I get my CDL. I'm looking for a list of trucking companies that still send non-licensed people to CDL school. I know some companies used to do this if you sign a 1 year contract to drive for...

Recent cdl graduate with a felony 6yrs ago. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my boyfriend has a 6 yr old felony and just graduated from a trucking school. And can't find a job please help. We are in duluth mn...

View more questions Search