Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brandi0130 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2010, 01:19 PM
    I want to move out 15 days early, can I?
    I have lived in my apartment for three years now, I am on a month to month agreement, recently new landlords took over my apartment building. I never signed a new rental agreement. I want to move out on the 15th of the month, but I was told I have to put my 30 days in at the end of the month, so it is easier for them to move someone else in? I want my rent to be pro-rated, is this possible, for me to leave early and still keep half my rent?
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2010, 04:25 PM

Laws vary from state to state. Where are you?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 15, 2010, 04:29 PM

ANY question about law NEEDS to include your general locale as laws vary. But the new landlords are probably correct. You probably have to give ONE rental period's notice.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 15, 2010, 07:44 PM

In "most" areas, your notice has to be by the rental period, but you can always MOVE, you just have to pay the monthly rental
    rockinmommy Posts: 1,123, Reputation: 82
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2010, 02:18 PM
    The answer should be in the most recent lease that you signed. It doesn't matter if it was with the old owners. Providing that it states that the lease will automatically go month-to-month after the initial term was over, then all of the rules for notices, etc, still apply. If the lease doesn't specify that the notice has to cover a rental period, then any 30 day period would suffice, unless that's specified my your state's specific laws.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Early move out [ 1 Answers ]

I Have been living in an apartment complex since August of 2004 and had recently signed a new lease for 12 months. Unfortuanaate for me some tenents have moved in and are smokers and due to my history of a quadruple bypass surgery I don't want to be around the second hand smoke.. Since my...

Move out in eight days! Is this legal? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, I need some SERIOUS help. When we moved to Alabama I gave my husband that task of finding a place to live, it doesn't matter why but we were under some pressure to find a place. My husband found someone eager to rent out his home, he never checked our credit, he never asked about our income...

Is it too early to move in together? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 21 year old college student finishing my final year in college. I started my first relationship with a 25 year old male who is planning on going to medical school next year. This is also his first relationship. We have had a great relationship so far even though we have been forced to do...

60 Days to get a loan or move out [ 1 Answers ]

My home was foreclosed up on. I went to court on October 1, 2007, where the judge approved the sale of the house. I requested 60 days to buy the house back or move out, it was granted by the judge. It has not even been 30 days yet and the neighbors said the sheriff department showed up on October...

It has been 37 days since move-out & still no deposit... HELP! [ 8 Answers ]

Long story short... (ha ha. There is no such thing in this situation :( ) My husband and I were leasing a home in Southern California from the homeowner's daughter (he was put into a rest home). Needless to say the lack of experience on both sides of the situation led to our landlord handing...

View more questions Search