Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    guildfordhy9336 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2007, 05:01 AM
    Ex wife's laptop
    My Ex Wife Has Put A Password On Her Lap Top. I Caught Her Having Affaie See Other Posts But The Evidence I Need Is On Her Lap Top.
    I Have Some Questions Please Help

When I Turn It On It Has Password. Can I By Pass It As I Do Not Know The Password?

Can I Send Her Via E Mail A Keystroke Logger Type Thing So That I Can Get The Evidence I Need To Help Me In The Fight For My Kids? That Way I Can See What She Is Doing?

She Has A Windows Live Id But I Do Not Know It She Requested A Password Change Which Arrived But Whenm I Clicked The Link She Had Already Changed It. So By Doing The Above Can I Get The Info I Need.

Many Thank To You
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 2, 2007, 05:35 AM
    When I Turn It On It Has Password. Can I By Pass It As I Do Not Know The Password?
    Nope, if you don't know it then you are pretty stuffed.
    It can be reset, but that's a different matter altogether.
    Can I Send Her Via E Mail A Keystroke Logger Type Thing So That I Can Get The Evidence I Need To Help Me In The Fight For My Kids? That Way I Can See What She Is Doing?
    Now where did I put my barge pole.
    She Has A Windows Live Id But I Do Not Know It She Requested A Password Change Which Arrived But Whenm I Clicked The Link She Had Already Changed It. So By Doing The Above Can I Get The Info I Need.
    See above and add 10 feet.

The real question is as you say she is your EX wife, so why are you spying on her?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 2, 2007, 07:25 AM
    It would be unethical for any of us to help you spy on anyone, Especially an ex wife. It might even be illegal for you to do what you ask our help for.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 2, 2007, 08:50 AM
    If you know she is cheating, evidence is a thing of the past in divorce court, merely file for divorce

What do you think you will prove or have if you do open it up. The courts honestly seldom look at who cheated on who but on what type of home.

So you file for temp custody of the kids, divorce her and fight it out in court,

Even if you broke into it, that is illegal and no evidence you get there could ever be used in court anyway
    Slogmeister Posts: 21, Reputation: 0

Jan 9, 2007, 01:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by guildfordhy9336
    My Ex Wife Has Put A Password On Her Lap Top. I Caught Her Having Affaie See Other Posts But The Evidence I Need Is On Her Lap Top.
    I Have Some Questions Please Help

Yes, but I'm not telling you because it's INCREDIBLY illegal.

By incredibly, I mean PROFOUNDLY, TOTALLY, AMAZINGLY illegal.

Listen to the other posts here. They're right.
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Jan 9, 2007, 03:13 PM
    If all this "evidence" is available on her laptop and on-line records, why not have your lawyer try to subpoena this data for your court case?

Trying to "do it yourself" will most likely invalidate the "evidence" you want to retrieve.
    nwsflash Posts: 530, Reputation: 73

Jan 9, 2007, 03:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by phillysteakandcheese
    If all this "evidence" is available on her laptop and on-line records, why not have your lawyer try to subpoena this data for your court case?

Trying to "do it yourself" will most likely invalidate the "evidence" you want to retrieve.
    I agree fully with your reply, you need to do things the correct way and the LEGAL way..

You say that you want to fight for your kids, what do you think your Ex Wife would make of things in a court if she found out that you had been spying on her :confused: this could make a lot of problems for you regards access to your kids full stop if things illegal where brought against you in court and you may even depending on your country end up with a criminal record.

Scott is also spot on and Ben because no one on this site will help you break the law of any lands across the globe.
    Carefully Chosen Name Posts: 3, Reputation: -1

Jan 24, 2007, 09:51 PM
    I say get anything you can, get the kids and run. This is going to be a nasty battle and you do NOT want to know what can happen to your kids at the hands of a mother willing to wreck her family by having an affair. Get the kids and get out. Don't even tell her where you went (not a hint - as in destroy your credit cards, etc. etc). I'm QUITE serious. I wish I had had that advice in 2001 (!). My boy has bene drugged and beaten by my oh-so-courtly ex. Don't let it happen to yours. The little lady can and will. Forget the laptop. Take the kids now if you ever want them. Family court won't give them to you no matter what you say and you will NEVER, EVER have a better opportunity. I tell you this honestly so yours will have the chance mine didn't.:eek:
    educatedhorse_2005 Posts: 500, Reputation: 78

Jan 25, 2007, 01:15 AM
    If you obtain evidence illegally it is not admissible in court.
    Why do you think that cops have to have probable cause and obtain a search warrant.
    But your lawyer can file a motion to get access to her computer.
    Then everything they find is admissible in court.

But do not take your kids and run if you do not have custodyt of them because you will go to Jail when you are caught. This is called kidnapping.

Yes the courts will give you custody of yoour kids if you can prove the mother is unfit. Which sometimes is hard to do. But it has been done.

So no I will not help you hack her computer.

Jan 25, 2007, 01:51 PM
    ABSOLUTELY NOT, Angel, though I would guess you'd love all men to believe that:

Unless you have a court-ordered custody order in place, you absolutely may take your children any where you want and I am telling you, you're in for a battle that could easily ruin both you and them if you don't. I f you DO have a court-ordered custody plan, or custody order, then you're already screwed, no breaking into her laptop will help. Best to have her followed by a GOOD PI, trained in divorcec work. Take it from YEARS of experience.

P.S. You can use the contents of her laptop possibly, to gain information abuot what she is doing, then have her followed and document it. Don't try to follow her yourself, though, unless you want a restraining order faster than you can say, "Bob's your uncle."

Such evidence does not have to be used in court. It is quite effective when shown to DCFS officials, psychiatrists, and believe me you will have to face them, minor's counsel, which judge's just LOVE now because although it is as my psychologist told me (who is on the psychiatric panel of a major metro court), it's just a cluster f***, judges just love to use them to get their anti-father decisions rubber stamped by another "court official" who is supposed to be neutral, though they are LAWYERS - get it LAWYERS!!

A major study was done not long ago of fathers who had been through the kind of custody battle you are facing, and 100% of the men said if they had to do it again, they would have taken the chiuldren and run. This INCLUDED A FAMILY COURT JUDGE! You decide. It really, really, is that bad. Are you going to settle fro Angel's "well, some men get custody" or do you want to stay in your childrens' lives and be their father. Mother figures acan be found any where. Trust me, I know from experience.

Take them and run - now - before she reads these posts. And if you do have the grave misfortune of ending up in dependency court, THOSE judges will look at anything. That court is above any law of our land - FAR above. You will have dynamite, if she's confessed anything or written questionnable emails. The prudes on this board are stupid. Just steal the goddamn thing and take it to a local repair shop saying you forgot yourpower-on password. You don't have to rely on Dudley Dooright and the Illicit Angel.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 25, 2007, 02:00 PM
    Any info obtained illegally from her laptop would not be usable in court. As several others indicated, we will not help someone illegally break into someone else's PC. Please be more careful with the advice you give. As well as your language. (masked vulgarity is still considered vulgarity)
    Slogmeister Posts: 21, Reputation: 0

Jan 26, 2007, 10:23 AM
    Good answer, CCN. It's not kidnapping if you already have custody. Before we go any more nuts on this, though, I think we should hear from guildfordhy9336 and see if he's even listening.

Jan 29, 2007, 03:57 PM
    True, I wondered about that myself. But for any other men out there who are the better parent, maybe it will help them. If ONLY I had had that info! My son has been beaten by by his mother for six of his nine years and finally, only now, are they talking about change of custody (and jail time, I might add). Also, you really do only have to take the laptop into a local repair shop and get a new power-on password - I have also had success taking the battery out, which stores the password and leaving it out for 24 hours.
    Lord_Darkclaw Posts: 295, Reputation: 38

Feb 4, 2007, 11:46 AM
    If she was having an affair, then so what? It doesn't mean that she hated you.
    Privacy is a precious thing; one day, you may be the one with secrets to hide... but then
    You already have secrets don't you?

Everyone has secrets, and you must respect their
    Desire to keep those secrets so long as it is not causing anyone actual harm,
    Otherwise everyone has to live in constant fear of being monitored and judged.

You don't really know what her motivations are, or what mitigating circumstances there might be; you probably think you are completely blameless, but she would disagree.

Just make a clean break and let it go.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search