Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2007, 02:19 AM
    Multi line cells in excel
    Hey guys, any idea how to have multiple lines in a single cell in excel?

I'm trying to make my table look a little neater, but it makes some of my comments overlap into following cells - is there any way to make the rows higher and to have 2 lines of text in a cell?

Thanks in advance - Cap
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 2, 2007, 02:24 AM
    Erm how about a simple WRAP TEXT ;)
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2007, 02:25 AM
    Where's that button?

Edit - Found it. Rep++
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 2, 2007, 02:27 AM
    RIGHT click the cell > Format Cells > Aligment Tab > Text Control near the bottom
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 2, 2007, 08:22 AM
    You can FORCE a linebreak using Alt+enter

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Excel line chart - no lines [ 9 Answers ]

I made an excel line chart for church attendance on Sunday morning, Sunday night, and Thursday night. The markers are there to show the attendance, but there are no connecting lines even though I chose line chart. I have made a line chart before and it did have the lines. Does anyone know why...

Calcium and cells [ 1 Answers ]

What is the meaning of dependent and anti-dependent CA+ (CALCIUM) and can you explain me please how do the cells attach to the flask?

Sleeper Cells [ 1 Answers ]

I saw this show for the first time last night. TV shows that I like leave me in suspense or curiosity... this one gives me the creaps! Can't wait to see the next episode.

Excel line chart with "confidence band" [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I am new to this forum and need help with a line chart in Excel. I have 40 years of annual data, each expressed as a mean with a confidence interval (CI) having an upper limit (UL) and a lower limit (LL). Instead of plotting the data using error bars to show the CI, I wanted to plot 3...

Clicking differnet cells and it selecting all cells [ 2 Answers ]

Just wondered if anyone knew what I did to get ms excel to select all cells from A1 to what ever cell I clicked on. Thought it was sticky keys but it was turned off. Clicked left mouse button and it moved cells then when I clicked other cells it started using that as a new ref point and selecting...

View more questions Search