Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 15, 2010, 04:38 PM

Hubby used a voltage meter on the brick... all is well on that end. Can't say that it's ever been dropped.

On hold with HP right now.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 15, 2010, 04:43 PM

Good Luck. Wish you were closer Id look at it for you.
    Clemintine Posts: 105, Reputation: 30

Oct 17, 2010, 12:26 AM
    You need the AC cord without the battery, or you SHOULD always be able to use that cord without the battery...
    Might be a problem with the cord itself? Taking it to a computer store and seeing if you can use a spare on of theirs and try it out... if that isn't it maybe it's time to look into getting a repair dude to check it out D:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 17, 2010, 12:43 AM

It's dead. It was the power port in the back. Repair was more expensive than a new one.

Luckily we have a great computer guy who is going to build a desktop for my husband's business for $100 rather than getting a new laptop.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 17, 2010, 04:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    It's dead. It was the power port in the back. Repair was more expensive than a new one.

Luckily we have a great computer guy who is going to build a desktop for my husband's business for $100 rather than getting a new laptop.
    A dead laptop still has value so don't forget that. So long as the screen was in decent shape its worth more then nothing. Don't just throw it away.
    Also it has other valuable parts in it. Memory etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I use dell laptop windows on lenovo laptop? [ 3 Answers ]

My brother purchased dell laptop.he got a windows 7 with it.he installed it on his dell lap top.I want to install win 7 on my ibm lenovo laptop also. Can I install it?what about the cd key?

Can a hard drive from a Compaq laptop fit in a Dell Laptop? [ 2 Answers ]

So here's the thing, I own a Compaq laptop and my screen broke. So instead of buying a new screen, I'm getting a Dell laptop from a friend because his hard drive went out and he doesn't want it anymore. So I want to swap the hard drive from my compaq with the one in the dell. Will it work?

How do I reboot my laptop because I have forgot my password to sign in to my laptop [ 3 Answers ]

How do I reboot my laptop beacause I have forgot my password to sign in to my laptop

How to shift my PC data to laptop, bt laptop is at other place? [ 8 Answers ]

I have a PC now I am shifting to delhi for 2 months for my summer training , I need to shift my PC too so that I can use my data over there... but I can not shift it ,is there any other option so that I can use my data over there witout having my PC... I will be having a laptop over there,but that...

Laptop screen repair? Useful life of a laptop? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an IBM Thinkpad X40. Have had it for 3 years Spilt liquid on the screen a while ago and now, although the screen works still, it has a kind of mottled tidemark effect and is dark in places (can also see where drops of water are permanently "stuck" behind the screen). Is this fixable?...

View more questions Search