Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Baileyxoxoxo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2010, 04:41 PM
    Making Friends?
    I'm new at high school. It doesn't help that none of my good friends have any classes with me. I don't want to seem like a loner, and I really want to make some new friends. I'm kind of shy but not as much since entering high school. I major problem is when I try to talk to new people, other people (from my old school that I don't hang out with) that are in my class are already friends with them. I don't care if their also friends with them it just makes it impossible to talk to that person. I also have talked to a lot of people, but its mostly in groups so I can't actually get to know the person! HELP!
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2010, 09:56 AM
    The only way to make friends, is to make friends with EVERYONE at the same time. After you join different groups of people that you think will benefit you as an individual, then you can start cutting them down into friends and "good" friends. Eventually, after talking to a bunch of people at a time, you will notice that you will start having more things in common and getting along better with some people more than others. Then, you will be invited to spend some one on one time with someone or you will feel comfortable to invite someone over to your house to play video games, just an example. Keep talking to people and soon enough you will figure it out. Trust me, I know how this works, by the time I was in ninth grade I had been to nine different schools, so when I tell you these things, it is because I have never had any problems making new sets of friends who are both intimate and non-intimate, and it is easier than you think, it just takes some time and dedication.

Good Luck,

Javi
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Oct 26, 2010, 11:23 AM

You don't have to befriend an entire group or niche` to be a friend with one individual inside that group.

The biggest thing to remember is that you can't force anyone to be your friend, be yourself and make it apparent that you would like to be friends. If they like you then good if not then it's not meant to be.

In high school there are niches` and a person usually has a good idea to which one he/she would do best in or be more accepted in. You know who you are, you know what you like and what you don't, narrow it down to the types of kids that are like you.

If it's an issue with approaching them then that's where confidence comes in. Why do you say it's impossible to talk to them?
    alishap Posts: 4, Reputation: 0

Nov 10, 2010, 07:46 PM
    It can be really hard to integrate into a new group, I dealt with the same thing in high school. Fortunately now there are things like Facebook, so it is so easy to stay in touch with old friends, as well as introduce yourself to new people without the pressure of doing it in person, and they will begin to recognize you around school. I like to chat with people I am getting to know using something like the Video Chat Rounds application, cause then we can play games instead of awkwardly video chatting at first. Try it out!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Making Friends? [ 12 Answers ]

I've been going to my school for 2 years now. And I try my hardest to be friends with everyone. (get along with everyone instead of being in little groups) and then when I want to hang out with someone, or go do something, I can never seem to find anyone. I feel as if no one wants to be with me. I...

Making friends? [ 6 Answers ]

Moved to its own thread Well, folks I am not having any luck with carrying on my longtime friendships.. I seem to just shut people off. My closest girlfriend of 25 yrs just seems to be so shallow and self centered... it has to all be about her... so I have cut her off... our personalities...

Not Making Friends. [ 10 Answers ]

I have one amazing best friend, but I don't see her often at all because she works so much and I'm in school but we have been friends for almost seven years and I've never found another person like her. But while I'm here at school I've noticed that I can't make friends. Everyone here seems to...

Making friends [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm thirteen, and I've been going through a tough time - I've been depressed, and one of the big factors of it is that I'm not very outgoing. It seems like everyone around me can make friends super easy... but I can't. I really don't know how. I just got back from a girls camp, and I felt...

Making Friends [ 1 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend have been together for a year in July. We both have baggage. We are both divorced people, we both have children and those other people you call your EXES! I divorced my husband a year ago (happily) and his wife left him and divorced him about 2 1/2 years ago. I used to work in...

View more questions Search