Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Skyrocket Away Posts: 173, Reputation: 6

Oct 14, 2010, 02:37 PM
    Painful, sort spot on vagina..
    Hello. I am a 20 year old, married female. I had my period last month from the 25th(sept) to the 1st(oct). Yesterday(the 14th), I started bleeding again and getting brown discharge. The bleeding has stopped today, but there is still a little brown discharge.
    Yesterday I noticed, that when I urinate, it burns. I don't mean the actually act of urinating burns, I mean when the urine travels down a bit and hits the lips of my vagina, it hurts. It's sort of an itchy, painful, irritating burn. But if I lean forward so that the urine doesn't hit the lip of my vagina, it doesn't hurt at all. I have taken a mirror and "inspected" my vagina, thoroughly, to see if there were any sores or maybe a rash and there isn't anything. It looks the same as always. Nothing out of the ordinary. But, I've noticed that also sometimes when I sit it does the same thing with the burny, itchy feeling.

My husband and I have never had sex, or done anything sexual with anyone other then each other.(we don't use protection... ) So, I don't know if it's possible that this could be some sort of STD... Could it possibly be some sort of infection starting up, or? Like I said there weren't any sores or anything along my vagina, or inside the lips or anything. Not even redness to indicate a rash.

I don't currently have insurance, and I'm not employed, so, I can't afford to go see a gyno/doctor all that quickly...

Any ideas? Any help would be great. I'm really worried. /:

p.s. I'm sorry if this is TMI for some people...
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 14, 2010, 06:20 PM

Sounds like you have the starting of a urinary tract infection. Urine will burn and itch the way you describe when this condition occurs. The only thing that will get rid of the infection is a course of antibiotics from, only place, a doctor prescribing. It behooves you to get rid of it as soon as possible because you don't want it going entirely into your bladder and kidneys. It will only get worse and more uncomfortable if you don't get rid of it now.

Females get them, it isn't the end of the world, can be caused from a few things like an unusual die in a pair of panties (in particular I find I can only wear white cotton panties), or not being diligent when cleaning after a bowel movement. It doesn't take much to get one of these, as our urinary tract is so short.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Painful spot on underside of my penis [ 4 Answers ]

I have what I think is a swollen hair follicle on the underside of my penis every couple of weeks I pop it but it keeps coming back does anyone know what to do I am petrified of the doctors :(

Painful bumps around vagina [ 3 Answers ]

I have painful bumps around my vagina and my husband says they are inside as well.Could anyone tell me what they are and What causes them.Thank you.

Painful Vagina [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I had sex last week and I got a little dry. Now I am experiencing a lot of pain to touch the outside skin by my vagina and burning when I pee. Any suggestions?

Painful bump on vagina [ 1 Answers ]

I noticed I have a painful bump on my vagina and I'm scared. It hurts when I walk or when I try to sit down. What could it be?:confused:

View more questions Search