Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    OlethaCarter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2010, 12:16 PM
    Police Harassment and how to sue the police department in East Dublin, GA 31027?
    Me and my friend have been harassed by the East Dublin Police for years. I was arrested in 2007 for a day and then I was release. I had a case where a young man stole from my Bank account and the police and the judge did not put this young man in prison. The young man is a hacker of the internet. My friend name Richard is being held in jail and I have not heard from police why. I think that my house is being bugged because Officer XXXXX asked me yesterday if me and Richard was fighting but he did not tell me that he had arrested this young man. I was asked to be a police officer and I refused. Me and my friend is now being harassed by the police. I live at >Removed< and the East Dublin Police Department is harassing me and my friend. I want to sue the Police Department.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Oct 14, 2010, 12:33 PM

First, never put personal address information into an open network forum. Now anyone can track you to this address. Bad move. I am going to ask that this information be removed from your post.

Well, I'm sorry but you don't seem to have a case (based solely on the information you have written here) that would warrant a law suit.

There are some things I do not understand, for example. You said you were asked to become a police officer, by whom and why?

Did you mean that the police asked you to be an informant?
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2010, 12:34 PM

What is it that they are doing to harass you?

What was it that you were arrested for in 2007? Was it really harassment? Or were they doing their job and had a reason to arrest you?

And them not arresting the other guy isn't harassment. Did you have proof? They can't just go and arrest someone and throw them in prison because you say they hacked your account.

As for bugging your house, again, where's your proof? If they arrested your friend, then maybe he said something to lead them to believe you two had fought. It doesn't necessarily mean they've bugged your house. And why should they tell you why they arrested your friend? You're clearly not his lawyer.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 14, 2010, 04:26 PM

Been there, welcome to small town GA police. Ever watch Smokey and the Bandit.

So move from East Dublin, I understand Waycross is just as bad, but there they will not know you.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Oct 15, 2010, 07:18 AM

Fr. Chuck,

Are you being serious? Are there no Civilian Review Boards or Police Department Internal Affairs offices?

You know, I always thought it was odd when the cops in our precinct took us to the third floor of the precinct house to ask us questions. It was really odd that everyone questioned up there somehow tripped or fell from the third floor to the second floor on the metal tipped stairs. But that was in the Bronx, NYC.

Do they do that stuff in GA also?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I sue the police department for defamation of character? [ 1 Answers ]

The police department put an ad in the local paper stating that I was wanted for murder and needed help finding me. They don't have a warrant and I never committed any murder. Yet my life is in ruin

Can you sue the police department for false information? [ 1 Answers ]

The police department told my family and the news paper that I was wanted for murder yet they never had a warrant I never committed murder

Can I sue a police department for harassment, slander, and defamation of character? [ 6 Answers ]

I own a local tattoo shop. We've been experiencing a tremendous decrease in business due to allegations and rumors that drugs are sold out of our studio. All allegations are false, and we have written and signed statements from a number of customers and other people of what officers in our...

Police Department [ 1 Answers ]

I have been told that I could not be hired for a position at the local police department (City X, North Carolina) because I have a judgement sitting on my credit report. Why do they do that? I meet all other qualifications, and when I ask the reason isn't that I am not capable, but because I have...

View more questions Search